Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what i thought was a rattle turned out to be the beginnings of a squeaky chasis on my 2000 mustang v6.

Do the new mustangs have grease points for a grease gun? and if so what is the procedure for greasing up my suspension and chasis? anybody have a link or reference guide. I skimmed by chiltons manual but didn't see much in there to help.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Some do, most don't. If ball joints and tie rod ends are worn or squeak they just have to be replaced. Most squeaks are from the rubber bushings though, and can be eliminated with silicone spray worked into the joints.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
squeaks when i turn the wheel as well, guy at the shop i was talking to while picking up some parts was convinced that it is the tie rod end, now to figure out how to swap that sucker out. procedure should be in a chilton's manual right?

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
I'm sure its in there. You'll need a ball joint fork and a hammer, along with the usual wrenches. Then a realignment (I've posted a DIY procedure here).

I just replaced mine recently. Advance and Carquest didn't have the parts even listed.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Link? took a quick look through your 800 posts and didn't spot a tie rod end proc... it is appreciated.
The tie rod procedure is in your Chiltons. My DIY alignment procedure is here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts