Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my driveshaft is squeaking where the two meet together. I had the car jacked up and put it in 4th gear and let it idle and it makes this weird squeaking noise!! Anybody else have this and did they get it fixed???

2005 Mustang GT, Dynoed 447rwhp

·
Registered
177 Posts
usually a ticking sound comes from loose or bent u-joints. but since your at 447 hp, im guessing with a sc set up, i would get a new one piece one from bmr. it's carbon fiber and bad a$$. the stock one is only rated at 500 hp. so i'd say you need one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info I will be checking into that!!! I looked on BMR's website and didn't see a carbon fiber drive shaft, Can you point me in the right direction with a link please!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
2k5stang said:
Thanks for the info I will be checking into that!!! I looked on BMR's website and didn't see a carbon fiber drive shaft, Can you point me in the right direction with a link please!!!
Here is one link to the drive shaft he mentioned.
http://www.lmperformance.com/5996/73.html

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spend my paychecks before I get them!!!! lol well I looked around to get new u-joints and doesn't seem like anybody has them!!! ARGH!! Guess I will be calling up the ford dealership today... I will have to save up for the carbon fiber driveshaft lol!!!! Thanks!!! It's hard taking it easy!!

·
Registered
829 Posts
2k5stang said:
I spend my paychecks before I get them!!!! lol well I looked around to get new u-joints and doesn't seem like anybody has them!!! ARGH!! Guess I will be calling up the ford dealership today... I will have to save up for the carbon fiber driveshaft lol!!!! Thanks!!! It's hard taking it easy!!
I think you better have a drive shaft safety loop as well! Congrats! Maybe you'll be the first to wrap one up! Congrats again! Wow...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I already have the driveshaft safety loops!!! My buddies at work always say I'm a speed addict and they were shocked I thought about safety a little....

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
They are having problems with the one piece driveshaft... it's too long and they are getting vibrations... called BMR today and was told they're doing more research... Too bad, I really liked the carbon fiber unit! Good looking, smart, and in addition to be strong robbed less power and I'd guess fuel for every day driving...

Maybe Ford had a reason for that strange two piece unit...?!?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for looking into it!!! I have been searching and searching for a driveshaft replacement!!! spending 1k on a driveshaft is just to much IMO. I had the car up on jacks like 2 days ago tryind to find this squeak and fix it. I know it's coming from where the two pieces connect. Only thing I found wrong was the rubber little boot is ripped all the way around. I hate this cause I am scared to get on it and I haven't been driving it!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Bring it to Ford... all they can do is say no... and they shouldn't as any lawyer could argue it's not DIRECTLY related to your mods...!?! :smoke: If not the first one want Fords money to fix it bring it to the next one... maybe something is/was wrong with your OM shaft linkage?!? You'll know if the new one holds up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts