Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guise!
2002 coupe v6 94k miles
i took my car for a road trip of 800 miles recently, now before that i had never taken it for a trip that long. a day after we got back i started the engine and a squeaking sound came up. i opend up the hood and checked the serpentine belt and everything seems to be ok. its not lose or cracked. found out that after 1 min or 2 the sound goes away, not entirely but quiets down gradually until it goes away. today i payed attention to where the sound is louder and its still un serpentine area but closer to where the alternator is. i changed the alt not too long ago.

any ideas on what is wrong?
thanks for your help in advance

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
check all pullys check belt for fray try some belt dressing

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I know when belts start to wear out (just from getting old) they can screech 'cause they are loose and starting to slip. I think you said you checked that, but maybe check again? :scratchchin

Also, since it was close to the alt., maybe it's the pulley? Like 05horse said, check all the pulleys for tightness.

Some other checks: make sure your belt is lined up. With the car running, make sure it stays in the same path and doesn't wiggle. Look for any cracks along the ribbed side: they indicate the belt needs replaced. Maybe have your alt. checked out by somebody who knows about them... good luck and let us know what ya find. The more specific info you give, the better answers ya get! :shigrin :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
does it go away when you apply pressure to the clutch pedal or turn off the A/C ?

does the belt feel nice & tight?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.