1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've been waiting for someone to pony up and make this... But for $269 for a piece of plactic... :shocked: I might wait or fab my own. Are there any others out there???

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2006GT said:
I've been waiting for someone to pony up and make this... But for $269 for a piece of plactic... :shocked: I might wait or fab my own. Are there any others out there???
It is NOT plastic like the stock --- it is METAL -- powder-coated black

·
Registered
164 Posts
I wouldn't know that since I'm still waiting on my car! :eyebulge: It's still pricey...

·
Registered
209 Posts
RedFire_Dave said:
It is NOT plastic like the stock --- it is METAL -- powder-coated black
The ad says "injected molded grille shell". No such thing as injected molded metal. BTW, I'm a tool and die maker.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Looking at the pics, make me wish more that Ford would have offered Orange as a color choice.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
junior said:
The ad says "injected molded grille shell". No such thing as injected molded metal. BTW, I'm a tool and die maker.
I spoke with Street Scene directly as well as Sport Truck Direct and another place in Ohio --- I specifically asked if it was cheap ass plastic or metal and was told by all 3 that it was metal.

·
Registered
559 Posts
RedFire_Dave said:
I spoke with Street Scene directly as well as Sport Truck Direct and another place in Ohio --- I specifically asked if it was cheap ass plastic or metal and was told by all 3 that it was metal.
I'm not sure I like the metal because it can conduct heat and make our cars run hotter in the summer...

Molded plastic which does not conduct heat may be a better choice...

But $269.95 -- OUCH!!! Too much $$$...

Maybe $169.95 would attract more buyers...

We'll see what happens...

Dave :worship :worship :worship :worship

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
discofan said:
I'm not sure I like the metal because it can conduct heat and make our cars run hotter in the summer...

Molded plastic which does not conduct heat may be a better choice...

But $269.95 -- OUCH!!! Too much $$$...

Maybe $169.95 would attract more buyers...

We'll see what happens...

Dave :worship :worship :worship :worship
HEAT! HEAT! You gotta be joking --- reminds me of the guy who thought spininers for your wheel centers are suppose to spin. :eyepoppin

·
Registered
164 Posts
$169.00 (I hope they're reading this thread...) would be more acceptable. I'm not thinking heat would be too much of an issue. Now weight may be a good may be a good debate. :laughlitt

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2006GT said:
$169.00 (I hope they're reading this thread...) would be more acceptable. I'm not thinking heat would be too much of an issue. Now weight may be a good may be a good debate. :laughlitt
Well with sequential turn signals at $69, hood struts at $59, cheap set of Ford plastic spinners at $90, plastic wheel centers at $18 a pop, cold air intakes at $235 plus, dummy hood scoops at $80 plus, I think you can dream on at $169.00

:wavey

·
Registered
164 Posts
The S197 platform is still very new and people want aftermarket parts without have the support of a lot of manufactures. Supply and Demand... The prices will come down. It just depends how long a person wants to wait. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts