Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone got this package from brenspeed? any problems? what gas octane can you run with this system? will the stock hood close with the saleen supercharger? where the instructions thorough and detailed? this would be the kit that brenspeed as tuned. anything else i should know. after alot of research on twin screw, centrifugal, and roots blowers, i think ill be getting this package. thanks guys

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm also curious about this package myself since I eventually want to put in a Saleen blower...... to answer one of your questions, I believe that you have to use premium gas for this kit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is premium considered 91 octane cause i would rather have the tune set for 91 octane but put 93 in the car to make sure there is not detonation.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Id say you picked the right one. I did my own install..very straight forward.....no problems at all. Id go thru JDM if I had it to do again. those guys are great with the Saleen S/C! Brenspeed is great to but JDM has many many hours/days in these. the stock hood will work but there is slight rubbing issues....Id say use the lowering motor mounts. Im at 8psi on 93 octane. But you have to run the GT500 fuel pumps. anything 3.6 and up pulley size you'll be ok with the stock pump.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
is premium considered 91 octane cause i would rather have the tune set for 91 octane but put 93 in the car to make sure there is not detonation.
91 is premium in some areas (California for sure). You'll need to ensure the tune is built for what's available to you.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
MickMach is correct about the lowering motor mounts. I have the dimple in my hood to prove it.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
MickMach is correct about the lowering motor mounts. I have the dimple in my hood to prove it.

thanks Mick
I dont have the LMM and my Califorina Dreaming hood as 2 marks on it..so yeah you need the new mounts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.