1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I actually just watched this earlier 2night! They already started with engine mods I plan to do to my car when I get it:)..cant wait to see whats next:bigthumbsup Any idea when the stage 2 episode will be out??

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
to 08coupedriver, yup thats the same car!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Anyone know if it's a manual or an auto they are running in that car?

·
Registered
26 Posts
If its the same video I posted then its an auto:bigthumbsup

Just seems weird to me,
The Bama Tune video showed a 13.7 with just the 87 octane tune.

And the stage 1 had the airaid intake 93 tune and still had a slower trap and .1 better of a 1/4 mile time.

Im guessing it could be a few things, maybe the temperature that day?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Half second quicker, gaining a couple MPH, even with cutting a worse 60', off just a CIA and tune? Wow.

B

·
0 Posts
So are they just going back and doing the video for marketing purposes? AM did the tune like nine months ago.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Half second quicker, gaining a couple MPH, even with cutting a worse 60', off just a CIA and tune? Wow.
stock 260 whp 60' run was a 2.219 with a 1/4 time of 14.135
93 tuned with an intake 273hp 60' run 2.131 with a 1/4 time of 13.647

I've just never seen 13whp (do the math, because they couldn't in the video) gain nearly half a second in the quarter mile. Makes me wonder how restrictive you stock automatic transmission guys are.

The better 60' times on the 93 tune w/cai over stock shave's 0.1 sec. Bama basically chopped of ~.388 sec in the 1/4 with 13hp gained (according to their dyno)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
hmm i donno maybe one of the american muscle reps can answer some questions we have when they take a look at the thread?

·
Registered
510 Posts
stock 260 whp 60' run was a 2.219 with a 1/4 time of 14.135
93 tuned with an intake 273hp 60' run 2.131 with a 1/4 time of 13.647

Oops, guess I got a little dyslexic.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Stage 1 has been a while now, since the build took pretty long for us to complete. 9 months ago might not be too far-fetched. It's taken a long time to complete the build, but Stage 4 is AWESOME and well worth the wait!

Keep an eye out, Stage 2 will drop before the end of the week!

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
We have, further into the project. Stage 1 and Stage 2 utilize the stock driveshaft.
Well, how about that!

The mindset here is that the stock shaft will disintegrate if you go over 113 mph and there you guys are running almost 140 on the dyno with one...:eek::nono:

:D:D:D

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Well, how about that!

The mindset here is that the stock shaft will disintegrate if you go over 113 mph and there you guys are running almost 140 on the dyno with one...:eek::nono:

:D:D:D
LOL! My stock driveshaft AND MT-82 has been holding up for 19,000+ miles and frequent runs of 100-140 between 150-4200 ft elevations. :nogrinner No disintegration or wild vibes yet! If anything disintegrates, it will be my tires. :gringreen

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
is there an aftermarket driveshaft for the 6's out already??..i thought there was only one for the GT.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts