Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in one of my post i said i was gettin a stage 2 clutch and ive been getting negative feedback about the stage 2. Which clutch should I get. I have a 2000 v6 with K/N cold air intake and duel exhaust flowmasters already.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
ive read a lil on this. most ppl dont go to stage 3 cuz thats pure power for racing. alot of ppl with lots of power use stage 2. you have a v6 so i dont think a stage 2 worth it.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I haven't used either but from what I hear the Spec Stage 2 has the best combination of performance and soft pedal feel, that would be my choice!

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
i went stage 2. if there was ever over kill i just did it. for u being one wheel drive and not that modified id go stage 1

the stages is about how much tq it will hold. and i doubt ur gonna get to 399 FT LB... i know im not.

but theres no let off really yourr either going or your not.

in the rain u can spin tires easily with stage 2 and i chirp them alot not meaning too. i know a cops gonne be behind me sometime :( lol

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I have to agree with Shinerstang. There is no reason NOT to go stage 2 for a little overkill instead of redoing it later on. When I need to replace my clutch, I am definitely going that route. Of course I am hoping to be sporting more than just bolt ons by then.........

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Stage 2's are typically made from different materials and hold up much longer. It is all in the break-in of the clutch that dictates longevity.......

This is my 3rd year on a stage 2 clutch in the '01. I have literally pounded that clutch at the track and it is still holding up. It is well over their recommended torque ratings.....:bigthumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.