Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can find a tech video for the 2013 5.0 Procharger install? I need to know how much of the bumper I have to modify before I buy the system. I can only find videos on the 2011 model where the system is a direct bolt on with no required modifications.

Thanks,

Lance

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just installed my stage 2 Procharger the other week on my '13. There is absolutely no cutting on the front bumper required on the 2013. There is a ton of room behind the bumper. The bottom splash shield will need to have some holes cut out to clear the intercooler piping. I have not trimmed and put mine back on yet. I'm waiting until after I get a dyno tune and just making sure everything stays tight before I put it back on. I have a pdf of the instructions I tried to attach but its too large for this forum. You can pm me your email and I will see if I can send it that way. I got it by emailing Procharger and asking for it.
Here is a video of mine... some up close video and shows behind the bumper and how much room there is.

·
Registered
457 Posts
No gauges don't come with it. The gauge pod is an SOS gauge pod I ordered from American muscle. Aeroforce multi gauge and Autometer boost gauge. You will need a 1/8'' npt to 1/8'' tubing compression fitting to hook this boost gauge to the vacuum manifold that comes in the Procharger kit. Just a heads up if you get a boost gauge with the nylon tubing like I have.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
I did the same thing and waited to clearance the belly pan on my Stg 2 ProCharged 2011 until after I got the kit all situated. It was easy. On my car I did have to trim the BOSS lower valence, but I think you guys have a lot more room behind those 13+ valences.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just installed my stage 2 Procharger the other week on my '13. There is absolutely no cutting on the front bumper required on the 2013. There is a ton of room behind the bumper. The bottom splash shield will need to have some holes cut out to clear the intercooler piping. I have not trimmed and put mine back on yet. I'm waiting until after I get a dyno tune and just making sure everything stays tight before I put it back on. I have a pdf of the instructions I tried to attach but its too large for this forum. You can pm me your email and I will see if I can send it that way. I got it by emailing Procharger and asking for it.
Here is a video of mine... some up close video and shows behind the bumper and how much room there is.
http://www.youtube.comtch?v=99XPPxKwV_w
How long did it take to get yours? I ordered mine a month ago and it still has not shipped.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It took about 2 weeks. I had to go pick it up at the local fedex hub... they wouldnt deliver it to my house. I would contact procharger directly and check into it if it has been a month.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
213 Posts
It took about 2 weeks. I had to go pick it up at the local fedex hub... they wouldnt deliver it to my house. I would contact procharger directly and check into it if it has been a month.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I did, they said they couldn't help. Looks like it might arrive tommorrow (it shows shipped but no tracking). I wonder if I'm going to have to pick it up too. Nobody has contacted me yet.

How bad is the PC tune? Keep in mind that I don't have it tuned now so my lowend isn't good to begin with. Hopefully I don't miss what I haven't had. haha I'll have to suffer with it for two weeks until I can get dyno time.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I did, they said they couldn't help. Looks like it might arrive tommorrow (it shows shipped but no tracking). I wonder if I'm going to have to pick it up too. Nobody has contacted me yet.

How bad is the PC tune? Keep in mind that I don't have it tuned now so my lowend isn't good to begin with. Hopefully I don't miss what I haven't had. haha I'll have to suffer with it for two weeks until I can get dyno time.
Yeah they are not going to call you. You have to call them. It depends on the driver I guess if he wants to deliver it or not. It kept saying on vehicle for delivery two days in a row and said delivery not attempted two days in a row so I called the hub and it was never on the vehicle... still sitting at the hub so I went and picked it up.
The tune they gave me with my Procharger had max timing set a 7 degrees. The fuel was around 11.4 at wot. The tune drove and idled good other than no power. The car didn't even make 400 rwhp on the initial dyno pull. The Procharger tune will not feel much if any faster than it feels stock. After you get a dyno tune you will be very happy. At 521 rwhp my car pulls like a beast. You have to make sure its pointed straight when you put the pedal to the floor anything under 60 mph is squirrely with the stock Pirellis and from a standstill you can forget about it. I'm looking for some good tires right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts