Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove off the road in my car bout 2 months ago and well now i gotta repair everything and i finished the saleen kit on it, and now the rims are scratched. They are replica black saleen rims. They are all 18 x 9. I was thinking of doing
18 x 10 in the back
17 x 9 in the front

does anyone know what this looks like on a 99-04 mustang? Im hoping itd look good. I know theres probably gonna be some suspenstion issues that will cause some discomfort during riding but i think if i get a full adjustible suspension later on i can fix that if i wanted 2. So shoot me with any pictures or opinions about it. Thank you. Gob bless

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did 18X9 front and 18X10 rear on my 04 GT. The rears were perfectly flush with the fender-well so they fit great. Yes, the wider patch resulted in some desire for the car to track with the grooves of the road, but the performance in cornering and the such was greatly improved.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did 18X9 front and 18X10 rear on my 04 GT. The rears were perfectly flush with the fender-well so they fit great. Yes, the wider patch resulted in some desire for the car to track with the grooves of the road, but the performance in cornering and the such was greatly improved.
that looks great and is what my goal is but im also asking if reducing the size of the front tires from 18 to 17. How would that look? Would it make it have a meaner stance? Or just make it look plane out stupid? Im hoping maybe somebody has tried this and can show me so i can decide if i like it or not ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
that looks great and is what my goal is but im also asking if reducing the size of the front tires from 18 to 17. How would that look? Would it make it have a meaner stance? Or just make it look plane out stupid? Im hoping maybe somebody has tried this and can show me so i can decide if i like it or not ...
i have 17x9 in the front and 17x10.5 in the back and looks nice, i have to say i drop it 3"

·
Registered
34 Posts

My buddy's 94 is the rear one.....17x9 front 10 (or 10.5, can't remember) rear.....it looks really good.....just enough difference to give it a good stance....I'll get another pic up soon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts