Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Can anyone let me know the size of the standard Idler pulley bearing please... this is the fixed pulley (flat outer) just above the tensioner on a standard 96-04 Gt.

I have a whine, and whilst I suspect aircon Comp. this pulley has a lil' extra play in it anyway, so would like to just replace the bearing in the pulley rather than complete pulley.

Many aftermarket pulleys appear to use 6203's but I can't find the detail for the standard pulley.

tried a search, but couldn't narrow them down enough...

Cheers, Nick

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
It's probably cheaper to buy the entire pulley assembly, to be honest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's probably cheaper to buy the entire pulley assembly, to be honest.
Thanks for the response, But I'm in the UK, and the parts here are way dearer :(

The ex stock parts here are like £50 where as i have seen complete Idler prices in the States @ $15-$25 ...adding in the same again in some instances for shipping to the Uk, I'm back to the same prices...

I have access to a good local bearing distributer, so if I can find out the correct bearing first, I can buy one and have it ready for a quick all in one job of Remove-press out old-press in new-replace pulley in my lunch break at work. as we have a fly press handy.

Cheers, Nick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought a new pulley 3 weeks ago. less than $20.00. Changed in 5 minutes.
Sure.... if I was in the States I would do the same :)

I could order one from the States, but Shipping usually doubles the price on Items like this, and possibly delays/customs etc, hence I jsut wanted to pick up a bearing from a local shop and fit it in 10 mins rather than 5 :)

I dont suppose you kept your old one? Od and id /width measurements would do :)

again, I can take this off and get details then refit and order etc, I had just hoped to do the job once ... :)

Cheers, Nick

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Sorry about that, didn't see where you're located at. If I had an old one, I'd pull the bearing and measure it for you, but unfortunately I don't.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry about that, didn't see where you're located at. If I had an old one, I'd pull the bearing and measure it for you, but unfortunately I don't.
No Worries :) I appreciate most people would simply buy a new or even an uprated pulley and just 'lob' the old one once removed anyway :yup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.