Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I was looking at StangMods.com at the MGW short shifter and noticed there is a drop down menue with 3 options. 1) OEM (stock height), Standard (I assume this is the standard short shifter height) and Race (shortest).

What would you guys suggest for a DD? I have never seen this option before. I do not want the OEM height I know that. Would the Race be too short? I'm thinking about getting the "standard" just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
That is for the handle. There is nothing that changes with the shifter.

Look at it this way. When you are driving how easily do you reach your shifter? If you go with the race length you are going to shorten that handle greater than with the standard and especially the OEM length. Whatever you like is what you should go with.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is for the handle. There is nothing that changes with the shifter.

Look at it this way. When you are driving how easily do you reach your shifter? If you go with the race length you are going to shorten that handle greater than with the standard and especially the OEM length. Whatever you like is what you should go with.
Makes sense. The MGW handle is adjustable and isn't straight up, its actually at an angle unlike some others. I might go with the Race. Maybe if I ask nicely they'll let me exchange it if I don't like it.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I am short and had a hard time reaching my 5.0 shifter, ended up making a new handle that was close to the stock length.

If you have issues exchanging it, before installing the new short throw shifter assembly, just bolt up the new shifter handle to your stock shifter, that is if the bolt holes line up. This will give you the feel, and might be easier to exchange if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts