Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right! I spanked a Nova last night on my way home. This guy was 'cruising' on the waterfront last night.It's winter, and dark at 5pm here, we were the only 2 cars on the road in this area. Normally packed with people in nice weather. He was out for kicks, I just wanted to get home. Guy was running like 10 under the limit for 3 straight miles in a no passing area:sterb: . We go up on to a bridge, I get over to the right and just roll right by. I'll be dipped ,as this fool goes WOT cause I passed him. He caught up to me at about 50 mph then I unleashed the 4.6. Pulled on him rather quickly, by the 100 shut down I had about5 cars on him. LOSER!!!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
99GTtony said:
...then I unleashed the 4.6...
:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck
that just sounds funny...almost like when my friend told me that I wouldn't of beat him so badly if we raced as soon as his VTEC kicked in...so we raced again...and I screamed "VTEC!!!!" out the window as I drove right by him...when we finished I asked him...did it kick in this time, cause mine did...hahahahahahahahaha

G

·
YORCHI said:
that just sounds funny...almost like when my friend told me that I wouldn't of beat him so badly if we raced as soon as his VTEC kicked in...so we raced again...and I screamed "VTEC!!!!" out the window as I drove right by him...when we finished I asked him...did it kick in this time, cause mine did...hahahahahahahahaha
That's hella funny (ya I say hella)

·
Registered
102 Posts
YORCHI said:
did it kick in this time, cause mine did...hahahahahahahahaha
Way too funny. I've heard more than a couple folks "VTEC this, VTEC that". Nice to see that yours works better than his. :winks Point your friend to this web page:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/frame...l=http://www.leecao.com/honda/vtec/index.html

Specifically direct him to the VTEC Misconceptions section. A partial quote is below:

"VTEC engines, on the other hand, have very smooth gradually rising torque curves. The initial wheel spin, therefore, is harder to achive. And after the initial wheel spin gets going, the level torque curve means that very precise clutch and gas pedal control is needed to allow the drive wheels to regain traction while maintaining maximum acceleration. This is why VTEC engines are more difficult to launch off the line than large displacement muscle car engines. "

"VTEC only works in high RPMs, therefore a VTEC car is just like a non-VTEC car at low RPMs."

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Good kill Tony.
If all the ricers would go out and get novas, we'd have a much cooler car scene - except they'd probably just show up with late '80s novas, the fools.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.