Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i race my stang on a dirt track, im not sure if this is the right area to talk about this but there is no place for dirt racing and mustangs i can go to i have only a few questions about squeezing out sum more hp to the wheels. i have just bought another stang for the track and this one i have put the last of my back up motors in. But this time i have a stock motor, and a 4 spd tranny, witha locked rear end. I need to get sum cheap parts that will help me out. i need another set of headers if anybody now where to get sum i would like to know. And if you guys good give me any in put on my car and everything i would your info. Thanks

Mike 18 Dirt Racing

www.18dirtracing.4t.com

·
Registered
398 Posts
underdrive pulley's, cold air intake, advance your timing to about 16 degree's on an efi car........get some unequal lenght shortie header's......just do a google search or check out some of the dealer's here on the site, but look for mac exhaust.....

probably be a little bit easier with the year of the mustang...

hotwheels of insanemustangs.com

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I assume thats since your on a track you dont need to meet emissions, so if you havent already done so pick up an O/R X-pipe. BBK makes one and they make equal length shorty header that'll bolt right up to them as well. Steeda makes good underdrive pulleys.

You didnt give us much info as far as to whats been done to the car so maybe youve done this already but you can remove the ac and smog equipment and run a shorter belt.

Here are some sites you can look through.

www.brotherperformance.com

www.steeda.com

www.summitracing.com

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
A larger fuel pump by itself will do nothing for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was talking about my stock motor and all i have for trannys is a 3 spd but it wont fit into my stock housing cause its froma late modle race car. but i have a 1988 4 spd left to use. i am going to send out the motor and get it bored to 6o over, i heard a goldstar clutch is good. But just think what would u guys or girls do to a 4cyl. Just any thing let me kno what is a good thing. put it this way my Funds arent gonna be low, tell me what u would do if you had the money. I love sponsers lol. i think im gonna put v8 springs in it so it will ride better threw the turn. i put rancho shocks in my other race car and it goes fine but i dunno if i should go with the same setup. I just need some help cause this my car on my own. my other one isnt all mine i couldnt put whati would like too. its a carburated 4cyl. what plugs burn best? and should i have back pressure or just strait headers. I dunno Help Me out thanks

Mike www.18dirtracing.4t.com

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I have no experiance with a four banger but Im sure you could still remove all the accessories cutting down on drag.

As far as suspension, im clueless because im sure a dirt track has its own demands that are different from a 1/4 mile track or road course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.