Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long time i m posting here now...

After sorting out my cars small problems and atlast my long BBK are in...tried with couple of cars and the performance is fantastic...i love playing with japanese 4cyl, they seem to be like powerless piece of $hits

anyways, the other day i was racing a camaro, we did two runs...in the first run, picked it up from 60kph (40mph), i was on third gear in mustang and camaro ofcourse automatic (1995 5.7ltr lt1), we reached speed of 200kmph (125mph) when we started slowing down...i was going more but the driver of camaro was scared on the curves...anyways...camaros bumper was ahead of me

in the second run i was on my second gear and again started on 60kph (40mph) but this time my run was very quick, i was almost a cars length ahead of the camaro until i needed to change to the third gear where the gear didnt get in in the first attempt, and by the second attempt to get the gear in, the camaro was a bit ahead, but after i got in the third gear, i caught up with the camaro and again reaching speed of 200kph (125mph) we slowed down but this time i was a bumper length ahead of the camaro...

camaro has no known problems and nothing extra on the car (bone stock)

mustang has things in my sig

how did i do? is it normal? mustang could have done better? camaro couldve done better?

·
Registered
271 Posts
your doing 125 in third gear..?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your doing 125 in third gear..?
no, i was doing 125 in 4th gear, i have done more than that in 4th gear...my top speed is in 4th gear...i almost never put the 5th, its so useless...

·
Registered
75 Posts
please if you do things like that try to keep it on the track, im not trying to preach, but too many things can go wrong and innocent people could get hurt or killed including you. but to answer your question, 1 quick mod you could do is install gears in your rear. you be quicker, buy you start lose your top end depending on how low you go.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Did bad...no street racing:nono:.

·
Registered
504 Posts
its not anywhere close to me so i dont have to worry.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Wow! Oman is south of Saudi Arabia!

I would assume street racing is not legal there either?

125 in 4th....You DO need gears!! :winks

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Have you seen the roads that he has to play with in that part of the world?

Long, straight, and flat for as far as the eye can see, with not much traffic.

·
Registered
504 Posts
or bin laden runnin across the desert. :rollgrin:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Everyone is guilty of a street race, admit it guys. lol. But like they said, take it to the track before you kill yourself or even worse another innocent person.

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
You guys crack me up. ha Bin Laden<- Nice!:shigrin

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
right, its bad street racing

street racing is illegal

oman is south of saudi arabia, east of Yemen and west of Pakistan...a neutral zone in the center of the world war...if any american airforce guys are here then they would know we are the air base of USA...population ratio wise, we kill most people in the world on roads...

our race...we did it on a flat street outside the city where its a long stretch of road without cars or cars which are travelling highspeed trying to get to other cities...and that during late night with lights everywhere...

getting back to the topic...

was my race with my cars spec good or i couldve done better? let aside the gear ratios...in this country the more your car can do on a single gear is better...the lower my speed on a gear means bad in here and resale of my car will go down...as people would prefer gt40 heads over twisted wedges and changing throttle body over intake manifold

so...did i do good?

·
Registered
75 Posts
considering the displacement difference and how your car seems to be pretty much stock, i guess you could say you did ok.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so i guess the kind of power i am producing is ok for the mods i have, that means the next mod should beat the 5.7

thank you guys

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.