Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

stang vs. monte

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  kscoyote 
#1 ·
I have a 96 mustang v6 5-speed and my friend challenged me to a race. He has a 96 monte carlo ls auto. Who would win??? I also have a chip and cold air intake off ebay that were cheap so i figured i would try them and 2 of those turbonators. Will any of these help me get more horsepower?? the chip says it just tells ur computer its colder air than what it really is. Please help anyone..

#3 ·
96mustang12 said:
I have a 96 mustang v6 5-speed and my friend challenged me to a race. He has a 96 monte carlo ls auto. Who would win??? I also have a chip and cold air intake off ebay that were cheap so i figured i would try them and 2 of those turbonators. Will any of these help me get more horsepower?? the chip says it just tells ur computer its colder air than what it really is. Please help anyone..
turbonators don't do a da** thing, don't waste your money. your chip can cost you power, too, it makes your charge too rich, when stock, it's already plenty rich. you'd get more power leaning out the mixture a bit.

#4 ·
#7 ·
96mustang12 said:
Doesn't the monte have a better 0-60 time and 1/4 mile time than my stang?? According to this website....http://www.car-stats.com/stats/showstats/showstatsgivenid.aspx
The 95 there is an automatic convertible.

The stang is a lot lighter, and Ford has updated the six to have around the same output of GMs 6. The difference is in the weight, the Monte Carlo weighs a LOT more than your stang, and it has an automatic.

You've also modded it a bit, so you should be able to take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.