Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my car would even start a couple weeks ago and i bypassed the msd box and it finally started. I drove it around and it felt pretty good but idled sort of low at like 650-750 ish. A couple times while waiting for a light it would die. It fired right back up. I went home and changed the fuel filter.(It was full of black sludge) The next day i go to start it and it fires right up then sputters and dies. I tried it a couple more times and it finally idles but almost dies. I drive it for 20 mins and it almost died at a light when the rpms went down to 400ish then shot back up to 700. Any one have suggestions? I think its fuel related but not sure. I also get a 41 and 91 (both 02 sensor codes) when i scan the engine....

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Some of the sludge/filth may have made it pass the filter and is now in the injectors. Try taking them off and looking at the Screen on the top of them.

This could also be the reason for you code 41 and 91.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
And then you have to find out where this sludge came from.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And then you have to find out where this sludge came from.
Fuel tank im guessing right?:headscratch: Doesnt the fuel go straight from the fuel tank to the fuel filter?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Have you checked the ground on the back of the block like I asked? Checked the injectors like I asked?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No havent had time to look at the injectors yet but i look on the back of the manifold and couldnt find where the ground is suppose to be

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Look down by the bellhousing where it bolts to the block. Should be an orange wire with a O ring connector

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.