Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace the crank sensor to get it to run. It been sitting for a year or so. It has smoke coming from the exhaust. white color and smells like raw fuel. checked plugs and wires. plugs were black color on the tips but ok so i left them. check engine light is on too now. any ideas? how to see codes on check engine light? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
You can take your car to autozone or advanced auto to pull codes. If the gas is old, you will get the same results. Open the gas cap and see if it smells like gas or varnish. You need to add a ton of fresh gas to it and let it run through the system. Change your fuel filter too. If a car has sat for that long, it is best to pour a little bit of tranny fluid down the cylinders before start up. Those rings and pistons have not moved in a while and they cannot seal correctly unless you help it along......

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I only ran about 5 gallon through it as of now. It seemed the gas gauge fell quickly too. Ill get that filter changed and run some more fuel through it. I'm afraid to take it on the road still because of this. it seemed also that later on it didnt smoke right away, only after about 3-5 min it started. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.