Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a positive starter cable for my 97 gt but the cheapest ones i have come across are around 150 bucks yet i can pick up one for a 5.0 for $10. im thinking on just buying the one from a 5.0 and say hey it'll work. just make sure its long enough and the connections are the same. i mean how complicated can it be its just one single wire. any suggestions or links to a cheaper price would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Why do you need the whole wire(harness)? Or are you talking about the terminal(the end that connects to the battery)?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just the flat wire that connects to the stater the positive one well obviously

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I think you can just buy the end for it. I've seen a few floating around at Advance, and I think I have a few in the shop. But other than that, I'm seeing the same $150ish you're finding.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i was in the get it out mode at the time i was pullin the motor and the wire was hard to get to so i decided to cut it just because it was only one wire so i gab the trusty side cuts. well as long as i have at least one person thinkin somewhat the same way i am then im just gonna buy a new 5.0 wire because i pretty much cut it in the center and not close to the end so i cant really just buy a new end haha

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I would check the lenghts on them and see what would work first. Hate to do all that hacking and not get a result. I'm not a big fan of half doing something and would fork the extra money for the right part. But that's just me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.