Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my starter sopped working put in a new one and it starter on jack stands then wouldnt start on ground lift it started so i put a new positive cable to starter n replaced the stack battery connectors started up put it on ground and nothing again jacked it up and it started over n over bout ten times in a row now i cant get anything out of it NEED HELP SOMEONE WHATS WRONG????

96 gt with a 01 gt motor swap 4.6L

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hi, you just made me laugh. I'm with you. So, what changes on the car between being on jackstands or the ground ? It's not the cable, not the battery, only thing left is a bad ground, or a mechanical issue, but it works on stands.
So re-do all the main connections for the second time , just in cse you missed something. The starter works, so I think it's an electrical connection issue. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Check the ground strap from the motor mount to the frame rail.

Measure the resistance from the alternator case to the battery negative with the key off. Post. Is there a difference between the on stands and on ground?

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Was the information in the thread helpful to finding the problem? If so, your welcome.

Thank-you for updating the thread with resolution. Then at least others reading this can find it useful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts