Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man it was blistering hot today.. Stopped in at a store with my buddy.. We might of been in there 15 min.. Come outside hop in the car hit the key and the car won't start.. Turns over.. Sounds like it wants to start but doesn't.. tried to start it about 3 or 4 times.. Removed the key.. Put it back in..A couple of tries the car starts normal.. Anyone else have this issue? It had me flipping out for a second.. Now makes ya scared the dang thing will leave me or my WIFE stranded..

Here is a list of my issues so far with a car that has less than 2k miles
I have the dreaded tick after the engine is warm.. Turn on the A/C and it gets worse..:banghead: Well this is Texas.. We run A/C in this state till November and sometimes in December:p.

I have the steering wheel shimmy when going 60+.. It's not like shake you off the road, but it's enough to piss you off with a brand new car..When I take in the car.. Someone from the dealer and I are going for a little ride.. Will also help with getting the engine good and warm for my Tick tick tick BS..

As of yesterday it did the starter crap.. I haven't a clue what the hell caused that issue.. Haven't been able to make it do it again.. The dealer is going to shrug me off since I can't make the problem appear..

So what gives??? I see these issues(other than the starter one) everywhere.. What did they do to repair em?

This is complete
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/kidcharliemane/********-meter-011.gifTo have a NEW car with so many issues....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sleeper5.0,

I can't really help you on the tick, but I think there is a TSB for the PCM calibration to fix the hard start. Call your dealer about it.

F

·
0 Posts
Man it was blistering hot today.. Stopped in at a store with my buddy.. We might of been in there 15 min.. Come outside hop in the car hit the key and the car won't start.. Turns over.. Sounds like it wants to start but doesn't.. tried to start it about 3 or 4 times.. Removed the key.. Put it back in..A couple of tries the car starts normal.. Anyone else have this issue? It had me flipping out for a second.. Now makes ya scared the dang thing will leave me or my WIFE stranded..

Here is a list of my issues so far with a car that has less than 2k miles
I have the dreaded tick after the engine is warm.. Turn on the A/C and it gets worse..:banghead: Well this is Texas.. We run A/C in this state till November and sometimes in December:p.

I have the steering wheel shimmy when going 60+.. It's not like shake you off the road, but it's enough to piss you off with a brand new car..When I take in the car.. Someone from the dealer and I are going for a little ride.. Will also help with getting the engine good and warm for my Tick tick tick BS..

As of yesterday it did the starter crap.. I haven't a clue what the hell caused that issue.. Haven't been able to make it do it again.. The dealer is going to shrug me off since I can't make the problem appear..

So what gives??? I see these issues(other than the starter one) everywhere.. What did they do to repair em?

This is complete
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/kidcharliemane/********-meter-011.gifTo have a NEW car with so many issues....
Hey Sleeper5.0,

My name is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. I recommend you contact your dealer and make an appointment with them for diagnosis. Then, please message me with your VIN, contact info, and dealer so I can escalate this for you.

Deysha

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called my service dept. They are going to have a look at it Monday morning..
Will get a rental from them... That GT500 on the showroom would work for me:shigrin
Watch it be a Focus or some other car I can hardly get in and out of...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car is at the dealer service dept... Going to have it a couple of days... Hope they fix it rather than feed me the line of crap others have been getting from their dealers... There is no way this tick will get better.. They seemed to understand the starting issue.. IDK.. We will see..

My loner is a Focus..Yeah it sux.. Being 6'2".. Not a good car for me to drive or ride in...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Far out.....Update
My dealer from what I was told Has fixed the shimmy, and the starter issue.. Now just checking out the metallic tick...

At this point I just want to be able to get on the freeway... I hate the focus.. Love the 31.5 MPG..:shigrin

Guess I will run up there to get the full update...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No reason too... I went up there to look over the service notes...

They fixed nothing.. I bet they didn't even drive mine.. Blamed it on the aftermarket rims and tires... I had this funny feeling, after talking with the service writer..Till a TBS comes out on it.. They haven't a clue or care to have one.. I bought the car from the dealer.. With the rims on it.. Was one of the BIG selling points to my wife.. She liked em.. They are wider in the front than in the rear.. Service writer said that I would have to put the factory shoes back on to fix it..Now how do they know that if they didn't try it??????

They did reprogram the computer for the starter issue...

Now just waiting to hear what
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/kidcharliemane/********-meter-011.gifI will get on the ticking noise.. There is no TSB on it so I guess it can't be fixed till then.. We will see what happens tomorrow

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sport Mode is for track use and this is why people experience the vibration due to road surface irregularities.
Why didn't I get fed this line.. At least I woulda felt baffled by the BS:smilie

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Steering vibrations - sounds like you got a June 2010 build.

Starting problem is normal - when you turn the key on the gauges will go to the right and back again followed by a ding noise. You have to wait until they come back before turning the key or it can result in the starting problem you described. You have to give the computer time to boot up I guess.

Tick - all 5.0s have it to a limited degree or another. This is because there are 32 valves. At least this is what they tell me. I think of the tick as a performance sound like exhaust growl or a supercharger whine.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Starting problem is normal - when you turn the key on the gauges will go to the right and back again followed by a ding noise. You have to wait until they come back before turning the key or it can result in the starting problem you described. You have to give the computer time to boot up I guess.
The starting problem is NOT normal, hence the TSB and reflash for it. I never wait for the gauges. I put the key in and turn immediately and let it go and it cranks a couple times and fires up while I'm putting my seatbelt on. Had the sticky starter happen one time and it hasn't happened since so I'm not too worried about it.

As for the shimmy, I can see why they would say you have to put the factory wheels back on to see if it's still happening. They shouldn't have to troubleshoot problems with aftermarket parts, and wheels and tires are a common cause of issues like that.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
If the tires/rims are wider on the front than the back, it sounds like someone rotated them when they weren't fit to be rotated. Try putting them back and see about the vibration.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As for the shimmy, I can see why they would say you have to put the factory wheels back on to see if it's still happening. They shouldn't have to troubleshoot problems with aftermarket parts, and wheels and tires are a common cause of issues like that.
Okay well... If they could prove that it was for sure the issue.. Afraid they are being lazy..

Anyway.. I musta rattled the correct chain cause now they are really going to have a good look into the issue.. Plus align the car.. It pulls to the right a bit.. They wanta make sure the wheels are mating up correct with the car.. See they may be aftermarket stuff... I bought the car from the dealer with the said aftermarket stuff on them.. The wheels and tires have warranty too..:yelpleased: I paid to have all the service and crap done for the next 5 years at the dealer too.. I heard from the service manager.. He is going to put the mechanics to work and give it their best to figure it out.. I must say I will be impressed if they do... We will see.. I will update as they come..

sounds like you got a June 2010 build
Yeah June 10..:yelwacko:.. HMMMMM I guess sooner or later someone from Ford will have to admit something went wrong in June.. Substandard parts or Substandard workers.. IDK..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If the tires/rims are wider on the front than the back, it sounds like someone rotated them when they weren't fit to be rotated. Try putting them back and see about the vibration.
Sorry... TYPO on my part... They are wider in the rear than in the front... 275 rear I think and 255 in the front.. I think.. 20's.. They look cool shake or not:cooldude:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At this point I am most concerned with the tick noise..
I don't have aftermarket exhaust.. I like stuff nice and hush hush.. Remeber.. Trying to stay a sleeper..

To me it sounds like something isn't getting proper lubrication.. Slack in one of those timing chains?? A bad rocker? They can try and ignore this issue, but it will sooner or later cause the engine to take a dump.. Might as well fix it now..

Plus.. How will I ever be able to sell this car? No one would buy a ticker.. It's not a sweet little noise.. It sounds like crap..

·
Registered
631 Posts
The dealer put aftermarket wheels/tires on it, sold it to you and then said they couldn't fix the vibration problems they (dealer) possibly caused? That's pretty messed up. Good luck with the "tick" though.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Is it @ AC -------? If so, never had much luck w/them. Hope you get it all fixed. Never go to Crosby Ford dealer. I know McR-- gave free loaners & had decent service dept..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The dealer put aftermarket wheels/tires on it, sold it to you and then said they couldn't fix the vibration problems they (dealer) possibly caused? That's pretty messed up. Good luck with the "tick" though.
Well I am not giving up on them yet.. I guess they are going to try and figure it out now.. Yes you are correct.. I am not sure where the tires and rims came from, but I bought the car from them with the rims on it.. Someone installed them..

You know I heard a Tundra with the most awful tick one time.. They have a 32 valve engine...

I hope that doesn't end up being me...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts