Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1989 mustang 5.0 lx
This really only happened to me once. And it frankly scared me stupid cuz I was next to a gas pump, I drove into town about 2 miles and it had started raining got gas and started it up. and It first didn't start then I hit the key again and It kept starting, even after I took the key out.. it didn't fire up but the starter kept rollin and rolling,, I had to jump out all frantic and before I could get the battery cable off It made like the battery was died and puffed smoke out the back underside of the engine. I waited 20 minutes and thought I might pop the clutch and go but i didn't have too . It just started fine . It ony did it one other time ,, someone came to look at it to possibly buy it, ( I don't think I want to sell I love it too much) and my mom said it did it again on him. the other day I hadn't started it in 3-4 days and it didnt want to start but after 6 trys it did fine and ran good . ?? IDK.. before all this I had put in an optima battery new positive cable ,, idk any help would be cool ,,

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Solenoid could be hanging, or the ignition switch block, is keeping power to the, starter engage wire.:headscratch:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Starter solenoid
just posted the same thread in another guys thread.

Two guys just posted this within like 30 minutes, and yes.. its a very common problem

Window Switches
Starter Solenoid
power locks(never work)
window motors stuck, and off track
trans grinding/slipping/popin out of gear

if you can fix those problems, you are able to fix 95% of things wrong with mustangs

the other 5% is no spark :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

thanks guys I just had a guy at the tire shop I trust tell me the same thing.. I'll definatly change that out. It's just weird that it never did it again to me, I'm gonna go price one now, sorry for the late responce but I appreciate it alot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.