Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my ignition system.The ignition switch has been replaced,the starter has been replaced,the wiring from the firewall to the starter has been replaced,battery good,but with the key it will not turn over.I can start it with my remote switch under the hood.It has been hard to start with the key since I changed the ignition switch,now ather having the tranny rebuilt it refuses to start with the key.I do not have any electrical skills.Can anyone give me very simple instructions on how to find out if it is the wiring from the switch to the firewall or maybe the neutral safety switch?I have just had my 289 rebuilt in Jan and my c4 was just rebuilt this month.It has been a strain on my shoestring budget,any help will be appreciated. Thanks Randy

·
Registered
465 Posts
if you had the trans.rebuilt and then had the problem i would start with the neutral switch,maybe lose or not adjusted correctly,it is bolted to trans.on drivers side.i would first hold your foot on the brake,turn ignition switch to start ,while holding it to start move shifter forward and back through the gears to see if it starts,but remember hold your foot on the brake if it does start you don't it taking off.(first make sure the switch is pluged in)hope this helps

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
re:

Thanks! That was one of the first things I thought that the neutral safety switch was not adjusted . I went to the manual and adjusted as instructed with no help.I'll try what you suggested and see what happens.Thanks again!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.