Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guy i just did a tranny swap in a 02 gt, everything is swapped over and have no problems besides the stock wireing harness has a lot of unfilled plugs. we went to start it and it wouldent crank, what would e the problem? what needs to be done to the wore harness in order for it to work... thanks

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I'm assuming this is a "no crank" problem.

Would be nice to state what was swapped for what and what wiring harness was used where.

Otherwise, the only advice to give is "check the neutral safety circuit".

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i thought it was, we are going to try to do the neutral saftey switch tomorrow and see if that works.... and its the wires that normally go into the automatic trans but no spots for it in the new tremec 5 speed tranny

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Do you have a set of Ford wiring diagrams?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok the nuetral safety switch is giving me trubble, how do i over ride this because it dosent fit anywhere in the manual trans!!! does anyone know the nuetral safety switch color code? 2002 mustang thanks

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
What I have been trying to explain is that the manual transmission harness has a built in jumper to bypass the automatic NSS.

So unless you have cut up an automatic transmission harness, this is not likely where the NSS circuit is broken.

no information=no help.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Where did the cluster come from?

Where did the PCM come from?

Where did the key come from?

You are aware that for the 99-04 model year, the cluster, PCM, and the key all have to be programmed for EACH other? Change the cluster or the PCM and both need to be reprogrammed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts