Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I have to admit i'm a Chevy guy with his first Ford. This is my problem, I have an 85 302 HO out of a mustang, but it was put in a 71 F-100. I was having trouble w/ it staying in time so i got a new dist.,cap,rotor and coil. Now I can't get it to start, it will fire, but it wont stay running. I've checked for top dead center, firing order and just about the obvious so any help would be great.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Could be a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i had the EXACT problem with my 85 5.0 gt, this is wut is was for me and im pretty damn sure its ur problem as well, underneath the carbeurator there will be a little silver hose or nosel that is very hard to find nut trust me its their, there should be a black rubber cap on it so that there is a seal, if u find the silver nosel and there is no black rubber cap u have to put one on or block it somehow, i gaurantee that once this is blocked off and sealed ur problem will be solved :winks

·
Registered
897 Posts
what do you mean by fire?does she start or just backfire?does it keep running if you hold the gas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it runs great for two minutes and then shuts off like you switched off the key but im finally giving up and taking it to the shop. its my daily driver so i need to get it done asap so i just wanted to tell everybody thanks for all the info and it was greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Inspect the spark plugs and see if they smell like gas or what they look like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.