Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always up for trying out new waxes and detail products, so I picked up a bottle of NuFinish Cling and thought I'd give it a shot.

Nu Finish | Scratch Doctor | Nu Vinyl | Car Polish | Car Wax | Car Wash | Scratch Remover | Rapid Dry | Reed-Union

It was horrible!! I have an 11 Kona Blue and the streaks were incredible. You could rub for hours just to get them out!

Needless to say I took it back to the store. It might be ok on a light colour, but it is terrible on a dark colour. On a positive note, I did like the foam type spray. My favourite detailer is Lucas Slick Mist, but it is watery and runs down quickly. Just MHO

·
Registered
287 Posts
try meguiars clay bar, their cleaner polish, and their cleaner wax. the stuff is awesome.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nufinish is cheap crap no matter who sells it. I am loyal to specific brands and that's where i stay. Try P21S wax. It's online and it is expensive for a small container but it is well worth it. I would not use anything else. It's even better than Maguires, at least i think so. If you have a 2011, then why are you trying cheap junk?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nufinish is cheap crap no matter who sells it. I am loyal to specific brands and that's where i stay. Try P21S wax. It's online and it is expensive for a small container but it is well worth it. I would not use anything else. It's even better than Maguires, at least i think so. If you have a 2011, then why are you trying cheap junk?
Thanks for the advice!! I normally use Megs Tech Wax and Gold Class wax for the primary waxing, but NuFinish Cling was on sale, and hey "what the heck"? You never know!

I've never heard of P21S, but I will check it out.

Not all cheap stuff is crap, I've recently tried Armor All's Wash and Waxx detailer and it really isn't that bad. No streaks and cleans quite well. Gets rid of the fingerprints quite easily. Leaves a great shine, maybe not quite as good as Lucas or Megs Ultimate Quick, but certainly usable for the money.

·
Registered
287 Posts
You don't always have to pay high price for something...This is a 2002 dodge truck that has sat outside it's entire life. The first pic is with it not washed or waxed in over 8 months (I drive a truck and I'm not home but a couple days a month), the second shot is after clay bar, and the third shot is after polish, and the fourth is just a different angle. Oh and the truck has over 90,000 miles on it and as stated before it sits outside in Florida heat. You can get good results with a decent quality wax. Sure Spend the extra money if you want if it makes you happy

Attachments

·
Registered
41,515 Posts
I have always been leary of those products.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've never heard of P21S, but I will check it out.
S100 is made by the same company and is supposed to be basically the same product (I have not sued P21S though..) at half the price. Most Harley-Davidson dealers carry S100 so you may be able to get it locally. It is a pure wax with no polishing ability so you need to get rid of streaks and swirls before applying it.

G

·
Thanks for giving your review!! :yup: It's so helpful!! When a member reviewed Lucas Slick Mist I noted it and bought it.... I absolutely love it, so +1 on Lucas!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You don't always have to pay high price for something...This is a 2002 dodge truck that has sat outside it's entire life. The first pic is with it not washed or waxed in over 8 months (I drive a truck and I'm not home but a couple days a month), the second shot is after clay bar, and the third shot is after polish, and the fourth is just a different angle. Oh and the truck has over 90,000 miles on it and as stated before it sits outside in Florida heat. You can get good results with a decent quality wax. Sure Spend the extra money if you want if it makes you happy
CQ90, That truck looks great! You obviously put a lot of effort into the detail and that makes all the difference, no matter what you use.

My beef with NuCling was that it took an inordinate amount of time, just to get the product off!! Inferior on a dark car imho.

Not a problem JudisStang. +1 for Lucas as well. Love the "Double Bubble" smell. Goes on easy, comes off easy and leaves a great shine.

Auto-Glym is on sale this week, so I think I might pick some of that up and I'll let you know what I think.

·
Registered
287 Posts
CQ90, That truck looks great! You obviously put a lot of effort into the detail and that makes all the difference, no matter what you use.
Thanks for the compliments on the truck tmodem. Yea, I put a little bit of time into it. I think it took about 1.5 hours doing the claybar, another 2 hours to do the polish and wax, but it's not a tiny vehicle either, and it's not one I wax all the time either, takes too much time.

I never did like nu finish products even back in the day. Turtle wax used to be good, but they changed the formula yet again and it is a pain to get off the paint. the meguiars is easy to get off and that was one of the things I liked about it. That and it didn't cost an arm and a leg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.