Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 Gt vert with the Aode trans. The car has 3:73 gears, jba headers and flowmaster exhaust. I am getting ready to install iron Gt40 heads and Gt40 intake(not explorer) I have a 65mm tb and am looking at using an 80mm Pro M. What are your experiences with these 2 cams or other recommedations. Also, Pro M suggested using a 75mm tb and Ford racing said 65mm. What are your thoughts/experiences with this setup? Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Don't go with a 75mm with your parts listed or the throttle response will be crap. I myself use a 70mm and no response lag at all using the Cobra intake. I myself would skip both or those cams unless you need a emission passing cam. I would look into the Summit Twisted Wedge #1 cam. I have used many cams and this one has given me the best performance for the least money.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just put in the trick flow stage one cam and is it great! 3500-6200 is awsome! Idles all little rough but it sounds very intimidating:laughlitt I am gonna go dyno next friday to see the gain and play with timing.

·
Registered
579 Posts
The only thing I should add about the TF1 cam is you really should have 3.73 or lower to enjoy the power curve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.