Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide which one to buy and can't imagine it making that big of a difference. I understand Carbon Fiber is more heat resistant but the air should be moving so fast through the intake that it shouldn't matter if its traveling through plastic or carbon fiber. Does anyone else have any opinions or test results from this?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have plastic and I can tell I get heatsoak at stop lights goes away quickly though

·
Registered
781 Posts
i have the carbon fiber one... 100% looks trust me. But it DOES look good! Great system too

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
The carbon is for looks and weight

·
Registered
781 Posts
I love mine but there truely isnt any "legit" gain in using CF over Plastic ON THIS PRODUCT... Had to clarify so Jason doesnt get all over me for that lack of clarity :D

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I have the Steeda CAI. I use the Saleen Intake Hose. It looks kinda like the stock but much bigger.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is warping an issue with these? Thats the first I'd ever heard of that bein a problem.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
If you tighten the plastic one too tight it can warp causing unmetered air entering the engine.

·
Registered
858 Posts
They both warp from over tightening, mine carbon elbow did. They both get the job done pretty much the same, only one is twice the price and twice as SEXY :hihi:

·
Registered
858 Posts
pic dint go through, here we go again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.