Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here installed the Steeda Cold Air Intake Kit with their XCAL2 tune??

I'm debating whether to go with the C&L + XCAL2 from Brenspeed, or with the Steeda Kit and their XCAL2 tune.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,065 Posts
I debated all of this for months...

I went with a C&L and TUne from Evolution Performance.

I suggest you do the same, and you will have continued great customer support for future modifications.

www.evoperform.com you can get their number on there, call and ask for Fred. He owns the place, does the tunes himself, and test everythign on the Dyno.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
867 Posts
I have both the C&L and The Steeda. I tune them with a Predator. The only noticeable difference is the sound. The Steeda really sucks some air. You need to put one of those warnings on the front of the car like they have on jet aircraft to keep people away :laughlitt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
2horseowner said:
I have both the C&L and The Steeda. I tune them with a Predator. The only noticeable difference is the sound. The Steeda really sucks some air. You need to put one of those warnings on the front of the car like they have on jet aircraft to keep people away :laughlitt
What does the C&L sound like?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Kyle F said:
I debated all of this for months...

I went with a C&L and TUne from Evolution Performance.

I suggest you do the same, and you will have continued great customer support for future modifications.

www.evoperform.com you can get their number on there, call and ask for Fred. He owns the place, does the tunes himself, and test everythign on the Dyno.
Where is Aston PA? Is it near Easton? And did you like the service(did the guy know what he was doing?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
867 Posts
The C&L uses a smaller filter with a cap on the end. It sounds healthier than the stock box but not as throaty as the Steeda. The Steeda filter is open in the center of the cone. Here's some pics of my various combinations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone have close-up pix of the JLT CAI installed??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,065 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Where is Aston PA? Is it near Easton? And did you like the service(did the guy know what he was doing?)
Its just south of Philly, and yes he has tried a lot of stuff with the S197 and knows what hes got going on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Hi 06GTPony,

Almost, I had the Steeda CAI with the Steeda Diablo Predator. On the dyno I got 25rwhp out of them on a new '05 GT 5speed that was otherwise stock. With the addition of JBA shorty headers, Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe high flow cats and JBA EVOL muffs at peak power was 20rwhp but in the middle with the custom dyno tune we found closer to 30rwhp!

HTH


06GTPony said:
Has anyone on here installed the Steeda Cold Air Intake Kit with their XCAL2 tune??

I'm debating whether to go with the C&L + XCAL2 from Brenspeed, or with the Steeda Kit and their XCAL2 tune.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,388 Posts
06GTPony said:
Anyone have close-up pix of the JLT CAI installed??
just installed mine today.....didnt have time to snap a pic..I wanted to go for a ride...LOL I can get one in the morning.

Fred at Evolution Performance is great!!! He can answer any question you throw at him...Really a super nice guy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
MickMach said:
just installed mine today.....didnt have time to snap a pic..I wanted to go for a ride...LOL I can get one in the morning.

Fred at Evolution Performance is great!!! He can answer any question you throw at him...Really a super nice guy!
I really appreciate the kind words Kyle and Mick! I hope you’re both fully satisfied with our product! Any questions don't hesitate to call me!

Fred
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,388 Posts
sorry guys ...it rained all day here in Va....didnt get a chance to snap any pics off...looks like it will be better Sunday.

Fred...hope hell....I AM fully satisfied! doesnt feel like the same car...I had little over 1/2 tank of 87 octane in it ...toped it off with 93 and it was super....cant wait to get a full tank of all 93 octane in it :)....better yet cant wait for the track to open...wanta try the 100 octane tune out too :) thanks again Fred!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top