Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys tell me what you think i bought a steeda clutch adjuster with a new cable foor 100 bucks the cable lasted 2 weeks and the plastic boot that holds it in the trans broke so i put stocker back on you guys think i should try to get some money back or a new cable dont really want another one like that it proves to be more work than its worth? i got it from latemodelrestoration do they take care of stuff like this or am i just ******?

·
Registered
432 Posts
You should try to get your money back if you only had it 2 weeks!

A friendly suggestion also..........try using some capitalization/punctuation in your posts, it makes it very difficult to read when everything just runs together.

R

·
0 Posts
I would call steeda/LRS and explain the situation....

They are very good with regard to customer service and backing their products.....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I been on the phone most of the mouring or emailing. Back and forth with American Muscle and Steeda, American Muscle said it was past there 30 day coverage so they gave me steeda's num. The guy on the phone treated me like I was dumb and installed it wrong. So I sent him pictures of the defective cable and all he says in the email back is, OK let American Muscle know THEY can exchange the cable. I forward message to American Muscle we will see what happens. I know its only a 40 dollar cable but 40 dollars will also buy a tank of gas .lol:D

·
Registered
432 Posts
$40 in today's economy is very important for sure! And I'm sure if you drive yours like I do mine, that $40 won't last as long as you'd like. lol Hope AM makes everything good for you. By the way, what's the advantage of going with an aftermarket clutch cable?

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
See what they come up with.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its adjustable on the clutch fork, it has a long thread bolt for adjustment. thats the only diff, and it came with the firewall adjuster kit.. So the guy at steeda treated me like i was retarted and must have installed it wrong, I said its a clutch cable not a rebuild:happyhapp so i sent him pics of where the defective molding broke and he was fine with it i got my cable today. Just in time for a little money race with a stock ls1:bigthumbsup

R

·
0 Posts
thats good to hear both american muscle & steeda are both stand up companies......

Sure hope your money race is at the track......

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
of course reg! I just got a set of nitto DR changing my nitto street for them , hope they help..

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Good to see that they got you squared away without any problems, how does the new one seem to be holding up?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.