Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I've been to Steeda, the recessed part of the stock mirror is painted only. Some members on this forum have had this done on their own.

·
Registered
332 Posts
There's two schools on this. Some say to sand smooth then paint. The other says scuff and shoot. Either way, use a paint adhesive prior to painting and above all, do not apply anything to the mirrors, any silicon or Armorall type products, until you decide whether you want to them paint. Reduces any problems latter. I'm at that point now. Body color or black. Leaning towards black.I did this on my dodge truck. Pepole will look and not figure out what is different, but they will like it. Plus, makes waxing easier.

Good luck

·
Registered
622 Posts
can metal mirrors be had anywhere?

·
Registered
559 Posts
TorchRedStang5 said:
THAT LOOKS GREAT! IS IT HOLDING UP GOOD? ALSO JUST WONDERING WHAT KIND OF WHEELS THOSE ARE.
YES...

Since a professional shop did the painting, they first primed them and then applied paint (off the car and then installed them back)...

They are good to go with no problems at all...

Wheels are 18" Chrome Bullits with Falken GR451 255/45/18ZR...

The tires stick like glue on the road...

Dave :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
discofan said:
I chose to have a shop remove my mirrors and paint them the same color as the car...

See!!!

Dave :winks :winks :winks :winks
Now see, you got me rethinking the color, AGAIN :sterb: . Who did you get the wheels from?

·
Registered
333 Posts
you can also get the 18 chrome bullet wheels from www.afswheels.com

or just call my buddy sean @ 818 883 8836 since he is next door to this company and is affiliated with them.tell him chris from banks referred you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts