Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,.. im just about to try to install pullys on my 05 gt..anyone hear already done this and do i need jack stands to get crankshaft pulley? thx

·
Registered
767 Posts
You can get to the crank bold from top. Just make sure you have the correct type of pulley puller ( claw style ) and make VERY SURE you follow the directions to the letter when torquing the crank pulley. If not, you will most likely end up throwing a CEL for a wobble.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Blk_05GT_69ing said:
Hi,.. im just about to try to install pullys on my 05 gt..anyone hear already done this and do i need jack stands to get crankshaft pulley? thx
I did my complete install from the top side. It was very easy.

I'll assume you have a 5 speed because for an auto you need to hold either the torque converter or the flywheel while torquing the crankshaft bolt so you will need to get under the car anyway.

You will need the following tools plus ordinary tools like a small socket set to complete the job.

4" 3 jaw puller (5" or 6" are too big to fit)
Torque wrench
Breaker bar or impact gun for removing crankshaft bolt with 18mm socket

Make a drawing of how the serpentine belt goes around all of the pulleys before you remove it

1)Put car in gear and set the parking brake. I also like to disconnect the battery.
2)Remove air intake
3)Remove 2 screws attaching Antifreeze reservoir to radiator support and 1 screw attaching Power Steering Jug to rad support. Move jugs to the right side.
4)Remove the 2 screws holding Radiator fan shroud. Disconnect cooling fan wiring harness.
5)Remove the cooling fan and shroud (1 Piece).
6)using a breaker bar on the idler remove the tension from the serpentine belt and remove the belt.
7)Remove the crankshaft bolt using either a breaker bar or impact gun. Remove the washer between the crankshaft bolt and the pulley. Replace the bolt all the way in without the washer. This is very important as this is where the center of your 3 jaw puller will push against. If you don't put back the bolt and place the tightening bolt of your 3 jaw puller in the place of the crankshaft bolt you will damage the threads on your crankshaft
8)Using a 4" 3 jaw puller place the jaws on the 3 spokes of the crankshaft pulley and begin tightening the bolt. The pulley should begin to come off.

Once it is off follow the manufacturers instructions on how to install and tighten the new pulley.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK...thx alot of the info you guys,my buddy is mechanical smart and will be helping me and ill make sure to get the right puller and specs are on perfect. See if it makes the 11 rear wheel horsepower lol.

Anyone have there car dyno'ed yet or no possable what my cars horsepower would be?...ive got mac axle back,mac pro-chamber pipe,mac cold air intake and superchip with pulleys goin in tonight....i love 2nd gear when it hits 4000 rpm and the to 3rd.

p.s...srry my spelling isnt the best. How do i put pic in avitor?

·
Registered
767 Posts
I don't remember exactly but I think the gain was around 8rwhp when I put the Steeda UDPs on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya they say 8-10 witch is good and buddy reads mustang mag all time and he said 11 rwhp on all the dynos that the mag did..ether way sould be nice.
Lookin at throttle body from bbk aswell for next mod along with rims/rubber.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I don't know HP wise but I went from 12.95 to 12.82 in the 1/4mile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts