Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched online and on the forums, there's not to much information or reviews on the Steeda Sway Bar. Anyone notice a big difference after installing it? Just looking for general information to convince me to pull the trigger....

Also, anything on the front adjustable sway bar?

Thanks again.

G

·
0 Posts
The best question to ask is what are your goals?

Is this your daily driver and you are looking for an improved ride/handling? If so, swaybars should not be very high on the list.

You can go out and buy the highest quality, quadruple adjustable chrome-plated swaybar that all the pros use and not get much out of your purchase.

What prompted you to pull the trigger on a new thread about the rear swaybar?

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
I searched online and on the forums, there's not to much information or reviews on the Steeda Sway Bar. Anyone notice a big difference after installing it? Just looking for general information to convince me to pull the trigger....

Also, anything on the front adjustable sway bar?

Thanks again.
Yup, I just installed both bars on my GT and tested them at Sebring. The article I'm writing about them will publish in the October 2011 issue of 5.0 Mustang Magazine. I strongly recommend that you check out the article for all the details... but in the meantime, the bars did what you'd expect: rear bar helped steering, front bar planted the rear tires.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a daily driver.... but not a track car either. The idea is to get a few things taken care of before I lower it and get rims... I want the J&M rear upper control arm when it comes out, front and rear sway bars... than lower it and get rims. I just want it to be more bad ass than what it already is... lol

Are you the forum police or something? I've seen a few threads about sway bars in general, not to much on 2011+ GTs... is that ok?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, I just installed both bars on my GT and tested them at Sebring. The article I'm writing about them will publish in the October 2011 issue of 5.0 Mustang Magazine. I strongly recommend that you check out the article for all the details... but in the meantime, the bars did what you'd expect: rear bar helped steering, front bar planted the rear tires.
Cool man, I just subscribed to that magazine... I'll make sure to keep an eye out for it. thks.

G

·
0 Posts
If lowering the car is your main goal I'd suggest doing that first and seeing how the car feels before going the swaybar route. Sam Strano is the go-to guy as far as S197 suspension setups go and he has adjustable swaybars that I will be looking into once I have some tracktime. I have the Brembos which added larger sways so that is probably biasing my opinions on the matter.

Strano Performance Parts - Part Details

Strano Performance Parts - Part Details

Not a daily driver.... but not a track car either. The idea is to get a few things taken care of before I lower it and get rims... I want the J&M rear upper control arm when it comes out, front and rear sway bars... than lower it and get rims. I just want it to be more bad ass than what it already is... lol

Are you the forum police or something? I've seen a few threads about sway bars in general, not to much on 2011+ GTs... is that ok?
Believe me I'd love to have some forum powers but I was not criticizing your thread at all other than the lack of initial information. I'm overjoyed that this isn't another oil change thread or OMG check out my new GT500 axlebacks!!!

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=609&CategoryID=200&ModelID=35

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, that makes sense for sure... sometimes I lose site of what I want. Like you said I just may get the springs now and get the shocks/struts in a month or so. See how that feels and then decide on the sway bars.

Boredom sets in when your offshore and can be hard on the wallet sometimes...

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
I fully agree with taking a step by step approach to mods, but i'll tell you what, the sway bars on my car were a MAJOR MAJOR improvement!!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Just found this..any more updates? I have --see mods-- but I do NOT want to lower the car because too many past problems with curbs and speed bumps. Steeda suggested just the rear sway bar so that I can corner better without lowering the car. Money matters to me a little with this, but it does not have to be worth every last penny as long as there is some handling/cornering improvement.

Thanks
RC

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just found this..any more updates? I have --see mods-- but I do NOT want to lower the car because too many past problems with curbs and speed bumps. Steeda suggested just the rear sway bar so that I can corner better without lowering the car. Money matters to me a little with this, but it does not have to be worth every last penny as long as there is some handling/cornering improvement.

Thanks
RC
I've ended up lowering my car after this thread and haven't gone with the sway bars... I have the control arms with brackets too and to be honest the car handles awesome and I haven't come close to getting it to the edge of what it can do... so why bother with the sway bars... for me.

This will definitely help you out if you don't want to lower you car and I'm sure you will see the improvement, it's a good alternative if you can't lower.

My plan is to get the sway bars just before I track the car this summer, I need to upgrade my brakes too.... never ends...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts