Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very interested in buying a steeda billet pro street shifter handle with the white knob from americanmuscle.com for 79.99, and I was wondering if anyone has one or has used one?

I absolutely love the looks of it, and was wondering/hoping that it brought the handle up considerably higher than my current shifter knob setup, which is the factory shift lever with a bullet style knob. If anyone could give me this info along with any other general experience and comments on it would be appreciated.

There is a pic of one installed in a customer's ride on the american muscle site, and it looks like maybe it rides a little higher than stock.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Not sure if it raises it higher than stock but you're gonna love it if you still have your factory shifter. The Steedas feel like they are on rails compared to the stock " ax handle in a jug of gummy bears" feel.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
he's talking about just the shift handle, not the entire shifter. He's still going to have the jug of gummy bears, just with a longer handle.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
he's talking about just the shift handle, not the entire shifter. He's still going to have the jug of gummy bears, just with a longer handle.
Oops, thanks for catching that. Get the whole Steeda unit. It's less than 200 bucks last time I checked and is trans insurance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i put a steeda shifter on my last gt and it was night and day between it and the stock shifter. the car i just bought has a mgw short throw and it might be the best shifter ever made. it might be that i hadnt driven a 5sp mustang in a couple months but its a kickass shifter

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input, if all goes well I will be able to purchase one in about 2 weeks. I do know what everyone means by getting the entire shifter, and getting rid of the factory rubber stops would make it shift much better, but I am pretty much limited on funds right now, heck I cant even justify having this car to begin with. I work on the computer from home and we have another vehicle, so it's strictly for fun. The only reason I am not totally ridden with guilt is because it's paid for so it only costs insurance and gas(and I hardly drive it) I have to look for excuses to get it on the road lol.

As for right now Im interested in the shifter handle mainly for ergonomics and looks, it looks kinda like an old time shifter handle in a way, and I may get the entire works down the road. I will let everyone know how it is when I get it.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
From the looks of it it isn't going to change the positioning of the knob much if at all. I would wait and get an mgw shifter, they are by far the best around IMO, and well worth the cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.