Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STEEDA SPIDER Wheels Chrome pealing- NO WARANTY AT ALL EVEN WHEN MANUFACTURES DEFECT. Hey anyone have this problem? After just 3-4 months my STEEDA Spider wheels chrome statred to bubble up. As a buyer of overseas goods Im aware of ASIAN chrome issues and Steeda who claims life time warrnty wouldn't even send me cheeper black rims, they said I was S>O>L> and would NOT do anything to help me. My car is the GT500 pictured and has only 458 miles , is garage kept, parked next to my 1970 BOSS 302 that has 41 year old Magnums with xlnt chrome still attached. In my BMX BIKE buis we HONOR the LIFE TIME WARRANTY CLAIMS as we care about our customrs service. WARNING: STEEDA DOES NOT. They treated me like a fiber, like I was on a scam , and it made me feel pissed that a company that claims so much testing and warranty was dropping the ball on purpose. After this happened, I crossed every STEEDA item of my future list and found better items where the company REALLY stands behind them. I ened up powder coating the rims after blasting them down to bare metal, but I'm still upset by the lack of true customer service. I mean 4months old no miles and garage kept and its my fault?? Id be out of the BMX bike buiz in a day if I did my warranties like STEEDA does. Buy the black or machined or any other brand but don't buy STEEDA CHROME SPIDER WHEELS unless you want to blow another $300 in powder coating. Thanks for reading this , its been bugging me for a year now.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Did they offer to fix them?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no warranty help from Steeda at all

Did they offer to fix them?

They said you guys must not take care of your wheels and must have used the wrong chemicals or soap. They offer a lifetime warranty if a manuf defect?? That is what the emails said..:nono: Over and over- I sent close up pics and distance- it was actually even under a car cover and only rinsed with water a couple times since we weren't driving it- The pics were scarey- bubbles, peeling etc. We gave up and had them powder coated and now look super...We asked them even to pay powder coat or a black set- no way..If we could warn others to watch out- we'd be happy:kooky:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the same issue with MHT Foose Wheels.....Mine is garaged and not driven in weather. they told me nothing could be done.......Never will I buy anything from MHT or sponsored by FOOSE

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
wow, i bought cheap aftermarket china chrome bullits from discount tire over a year ago. my car has never spent a night in a garage, i drive it every day, all last winter, ive got pics of the wheels packed in snow, salt, the works, and the chrome still looks perfect. course i do take really good care of my car, best i can, even in the winter to keep it nice. i could see why you guys would be livid with nice expensive wheels. very sad reports to say the least, and i`ll never buy anything from steeda if thats how they treat customers.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Who did you talk to at Steeda? I know some guys there so would be curious. My Spyder wheels have held up just fine, BTW, no problems, but bad CS is just bad. :nono:

PS Steeda's a site sponsor now so maybe they'll see this and chime in.

·
Registered
307 Posts
very sad reports to say the least, and i`ll never buy anything from steeda if thats how they treat customers.

Agreed, I almost bought those wheels, I'm glad I didn't now, even though, I haven't heard anything bad until now, but knowing they weren't willing to help out with a problem that is obviously a defect is not good.

I will say this though, I do believe all steeda parts are just another part branded out.. i.e made by another company and they pay that company to make that part and stamp steeda on it. For example, I'm almost 100% sure the steeda exhaust is borla ,

so it's hard telling who the true wheel maker is..

·
Registered
784 Posts
Agreed, I almost bought those wheels, I'm glad I didn't now, even though, I haven't heard anything bad until now, but knowing they weren't willing to help out with a problem that is obviously a defect is not good.

I will say this though, I do believe all steeda parts are just another part branded out.. i.e made by another company and they pay that company to make that part and stamp steeda on it. For example, I'm almost 100% sure the steeda exhaust is borla ,

so it's hard telling who the true wheel maker is..
borla does make a good product tho.

·
Registered
709 Posts
They said you guys must not take care of your wheels and must have used the wrong chemicals or soap. They offer a lifetime warranty if a manuf defect?? That is what the emails said..:nono: Over and over- I sent close up pics and distance- it was actually even under a car cover and only rinsed with water a couple times since we weren't driving it- The pics were scarey- bubbles, peeling etc. We gave up and had them powder coated and now look super...We asked them even to pay powder coat or a black set- no way..If we could warn others to watch out- we'd be happy:kooky:
Would you be willing to post some pics?

I'd also like to see pics of the car/wheels after powder coating black.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I'd also like to see pics of the car/wheels after powder coating black.
He has pics of those in his gallery - 20 of 22 total posts so far. His other 2 posts are right here in this thread...

·
Registered
21 Posts
SteetMafia,

I'm very sorry to hear that you are having issues with the finish on your wheels. What was your date of purchase? We do offer a limited warranty covering manufacturer defects, however we do not warranty against environmental damage. Please post pictures of the problem areas on your wheels and my team will get together on a possible solution for you.

Respectfully, this entire statement is 100% false.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no warranty help from Steeda at all - ITS YOUR FAULT!

Hey my computer has crashed 2x since last year so any pics of damage are gone but we did send them to Steeda a few times last year in March to May time frame so check your emails from [email protected] . We did not use any chems as I restore 30 year old chrome bike frames and 30 year old chrome alloy rims and hubs around once a week. I use auto soap, and then windex on any remaining dirt and polish with a #0000 steel wool. My car doesnt move so we didnt wash these but one time. Car, a 08 gt500 has 458 miles today. It hasn't move 1inch since the rims were removed for powder coating, just finishing make over after re-covering from lower back surgery.

As a buyer of overseas stuff, lots of bike stuff and auto parts (not saying steeda) is made by a few giant co's subcontract style. Its your design and everything but cost is saved by not having to buy all the expensive machines to make what ever it is you sell, for me its bike parts. Prob is Ive had my ideas stolen from the overseas guys only to see my design in some twain parts booth at interbike (the bike worlds sema) and now Im only doing USA made stuff.

I have personaly had new chrome items come over with flaws and have heard horror stories how shippments are left out side in monsoon type rain stoms and even flooded ware houses - then all cleaned up and shipped over like nothing happened ever> Im sure I just had a bad set. Bad chrome prep or bad mix. My 6k and 7k alloy chromed bike rims from twain start to lift after 4years of inside shop storage. And last 3 years in rain parked out side. Primo the mfg sends new ones no questions asked. My STEEDA SPIDER CHROME rims we only a few months old, garage kept never driven, and like I said before when a kid calls or emails me because he broke on of my co's frames we send him out a new one asap because word of mouth and reputation are everything when you claim lifetime warranty and claim to be real racers and claim customer service. I deliver it every day at my bike co and my mailorder- no one is left unhappy buying form my bike co or my mailorder. I will bend over backwards to make my customers happy and to have them preach how good my stuff and service is. I will take a loss to have a happy customer who will preach my products to evry one he meets riding. I make the strongest chromo bmx bike frames in the world right now, triple butted tube sets, post weld heat treated , ect, I know chrome, chromo, and alloy WAY better than the reg guy. These should have been replaced,I would love just to have the powdercoater bill covered, $300. it was less than norm as it was done with my bike stuff. As of right now I feel lied to and belittled by people telling me how I took care of my rims wrong.I restore 1980's chrome for a living. I can send pics of my whole auto collection and all the rims are perfect. Showing and building cars since 1988, I learned every thing from my old school pops. Thanks for reading im still unhappy with customer service, the emails were short and not understanding of my situation. In bmx customer service/ warranty is everything. You forgot the #1 lesson in business: the customer is always right. I will never forget it for the kids I build bikes for, if I did I wouldn't be able to sell one item tomorrow. thanks hitmanbikes.com

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no warranty help from Steeda at all

Envrinmental damage?? 458 mile car Kept in a garage with mabey 50 miles drivin on the rims, chrome that bubbles and peals when it is less than 4months old is a MANUFACTURE defect. Unless it rained pure pool acid inside my garage for 4 days strait...Or I was in a nuclear fall out zone. CLEARLY it is a mfg flaw. and needed to taken care of a year+ ago when we emailed and sent pics. Your customer service guy gave us the finger basicly , rude, he did not care just wanted us to go away, now you see these posting and NOW you care. Do your self a favor STEEDA fire who ever is doing/did your customer service last year because he doesn't know the TRUE definition of customer service, if I had a guy working against my companies rep he'd be flogged by wet bike boxes.

STEEDA YOU NEED TO LEARN WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS.
Ask your self STEEDA, do you like to be treated bad when you shop? STEEDA , do you like to buy things that claim life time warranty then fall apart overnight and when you go to warranty the item they belittle you and tell you its all your fault rudely and leave you empty handed? Do you? This has been my experience with your fine company, if it were my company i'd fix that stuff asap. You want to do right? Pay my powder coat bill - thats what i'd do , its only fair.
Christian owner HITMANBIKESINC and streetmafiabmx

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
You forgot the #1 lesson in business: the customer is always right.
That's a fallacy started by consumers who want to always get their way, it is not a business lesson (but one much studied).

Not to detract from the legitimacy of your issue with Steeda or what happened with your wheels, but if I had let customers walk all over me and "always be right" when I managed 328 quicklube shops, I'd have been out on the streets within days by the stockholders.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Streetmafia said:
Hey my computer has crashed 2x since last year so any pics of damage are gone but we did send them to Steeda a few times last year in March to May time frame so check your emails from [email protected]
I'm sorry but we are not going to have emails on file from last year.

·
Registered
307 Posts
SteetMafia,

Respectfully, this entire statement is 100% false.
Respectfully, I had a friend that worked at a Borla plant, and he said you guys contracted them to make the Steeda exhaust, then stamped your name on them.

It may not be with other products, I'm not sure, but if this is wrong, I apologize, but they have no reason to lie.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Respectfully, I had a friend that worked at a Borla plant, and he said you guys contracted them to make the Steeda exhaust, then stamped your name on them.

It may not be with other products, I'm not sure, but if this is wrong, I apologize, but they have no reason to lie.
cwhit, this is what you originally wrote before you edited this post:

"Respectfully, I worked at a Borla plant, and we did make the Steeda exhaust, *then stamped your name on them."

Which is it?

·
Registered
307 Posts
cwhit, this is what you originally wrote before you edited this post:

"Respectfully, I worked at a Borla plant, and we did make the Steeda exhaust, *then stamped your name on them."

Which is it?
I worked there, but didn't want to come under any criticism or questions regaurding the products. So I decided to change the statement to avoid that. Not to mention I was a pipe bender, so I had nothing to do with contracts, etc.

Borla makes a high-end, quality product without any doubt. So there's nothing to be said bad on either side of the coin.

I guess you're quicker at reading and quoting than I am editing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
StreetMafia,

I may have missed it in your post, but when did you purchase the wheels? Do you happen to have an order number? Sometimes your email client will keep emails in your sent box for a very long time, so there is a chance the photos are still in your sent email box. If this happened 15 months ago, I can't help but wonder why you are just now posting about it. We stand behind our products if given a fair opportunity to do so. We really need photos of the damage to be able to determine if it's a warranty issue that we can help you out with and we also need to know when they were purchased.

Thanks,
Elisa

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I worked there, but didn't want to come under any criticism or questions regaurding the products. So I decided to change the statement to avoid that. Not to mention I was a pipe bender, so I had nothing to do with contracts, etc.

Borla makes a high-end, quality product without any doubt. So there's nothing to be said bad on either side of the coin.

I guess you're quicker at reading and quoting than I am editing.
Hey friend (may I call you that?) I meant no disrespect by calling you on this and sure enough, there was a logical explanation. I know for a fact as well that Borla makes excellent products, and you should be proud to have helped produce them. I made it a point to visit them at some of the SEMA shows I attended over the years.

If I'm not mistaken Borla has a manufacturing plant somewhere right around your listed hometown. Never had a chance to visit but I bet it's a wonder to behold.

Please forgive if I came across as crass. Peace out.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts