Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
peecmkr said:
Anyone know if the Steeda Tower Brace fits over the aftermarket Plenum cover by Midwest Auto?
I've seen a few of these combos and if you don't want them to touch each other you need to add a couple of washers under the strut tower brace.

P.S. I'm talking about the billet strut tower brace.

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
thump_rrr said:
I'm talking # 555-5725 Steeda Billet Strut Tower Brace like the one I have on my car.
That's one clean engine :eyepoppin Is that brace hard to put on? Since I had the popping fixed, one of my struts (nut on top) isn't poitioned in the middle of the opening. I asked the dealer about it and they said it doesn't matter. The other side is in the centered like it was before.

·
Registered
897 Posts
sonny1213 said:
That's one clean engine :eyepoppin Is that brace hard to put on? Since I had the popping fixed, one of my struts (nut on top) isn't poitioned in the middle of the opening. I asked the dealer about it and they said it doesn't matter. The other side is in the centered like it was before.
Thanks,

It's pretty simple to install. Just remove the 4 nuts on each side and bolt the plates down. Then adjust the end links till you get the right lenght and tighten.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
thump_rrr said:
Thanks,

It's pretty simple to install. Just remove the 4 nuts on each side and bolt the plates down. Then adjust the end links till you get the right lenght and tighten.
Thanks thump,
I'll be down in Lauderdale soon and will take a ride over to Pompano. I'll ask them about the cover and brace combo. I just have a gut feeling if I order one, it'll hit the cover for sure. :sterb:

·
Registered
897 Posts
sonny1213 said:
Thanks thump,
I'll be down in Lauderdale soon and will take a ride over to Pompano. I'll ask them about the cover and brace combo. I just have a gut feeling if I order one, it'll hit the cover for sure. :sterb:
Like I said in my first post earlier if you want to be sure it won't hit the cover just place a couple of washers under the billet end pieces. I've seen it done by a few people.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts