Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of my next mods I want to get. I'm looking into Steeda UD pulleys and CMDPs. I'm thinking this should be a good mod to add to the other mods I have. How much power do you guys think I could get out of the CMDPs and pulleys. I'm thinking somewhere around 15rwhp gain. I want to be at a total around 305-310rwhp. That should keep me happy for a few years.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Not a bad mod if you plan to remain N/A. You will lose a little lower end TQ with the plates. If you get them, get the Steeda race plates. They're better than the smaller ones and provide better port matching.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I didn't notice any lose of low end tq with the CMDP. I did notice a slight increase in the mid RPM range.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I think they are a good choice. And 305rwhp seems a good guess at your power.
And OMG Stlwagon!! I have not seen you post in ages. Glad to see you back!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Diy

If you do this yourself GOOGLE Taco Bills CMDP install Mustang Forums. I have the plates that SLT mentioned and they matched up perfect. Steeda provided no directions ,Torque specs or process.
The write up's Bill has done are Technical and detailed. They are easy to follow. I only wish I had them on hand when I did my install because I came across them after my 3hr install. It should have only taken about 2 hr or less. But it spun me up on these motors so the knowledge I gained was a + and rewarding. You will find with these MODS and the ones you have done that the engine really gets into the upper RPM band in a quick manner so the possibility of TQ loss should not concern you because that point in the power band goes by quick. At slower speeds in the city it can be noticed a little.

T Wayne in Iraq.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
It is a pretty straight fwd install with T/B write up. I found it over at the the mustang source.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Very Straight foward

Yes these cars are straight foward to work on in the Intake area.
So I would say go for it.
Nice Link thanks for the info.

T Wayne in Iraq

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may just go with the UD pulleys for right now to get the faster throttle response and a little more low end tq and then go with the CMDPs down the road. I have seen T Bs write up and I have seen many of his videos on youtube. He does a great job with his write ups.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I haven't seen Taco Bill's writeup of the CMDP install but seems like overkill, no offense. The install of those is really straightforward, has to be easier than udp's.

I don't remember how long it took to put in my CMDP's (it was in 2005) but went pretty fast and very straightforward. Revs seemed to want to come faster than ever in the upper bands.

Still have those original plates under my JPC intake manifold :bigthumbsup

Stlwagon: you're back!!!!! We missed you! Even started a thread asking where you were. EagleAutosports wouldn't say if they knew. I think you were intel on the Bin Laden thing :winks

Welcome Back Mark!!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
The worst part is the instructions I've seen doesn't give the intake tightening order or torque specs, but should be easy enough to find. (I hope)

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts

You sir, are the man!

I am ready to install now, as soon as they arrive! Only problem is I think my torque wrench is ft-lb, but thats not a big deal, I can round one up before I do the install, I'm going to do the UDP's at the same time, so I'll need to round up a few more things as well. Gettin stoked! Now if only I could find a used set of kooks with a mid-pipe I'd be ready to roll! lol

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Glad to help.

To be honest, I'm 99% sure I didn't use a torque wrench when I installed mine, but at least tightened in the correct order :smilie

Good luck with those and the udp's :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
No Offense

Yes to the more savy it is over kill.
I just don't understand why Steeda and others don't offer such basic directions or technical data. If it was not for Forums like this a 20th century guy like myself would have never entered this 21st century when it comes to making the cross over from Push Rods and Carbs to Over Head Cams and Fuel Injection.
I think sometimes folks can forget some of us are just comming out of the Dark Ages LOL

T Wayne

·
Registered
307 Posts
Agreed , I'm young but I'm old school, I've only built push rod carb motors, and this is all new to me, I know the basics, i.e I know an intake has to be tightened in a specific order, but all this tuning, two cams, etc is new to me.

I love it though! :bigthumbsup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts