Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just another reason I decided NOT to go with UDPs. Not worth the risk for 3-5 HP. :nogrinner

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just another reason I decided NOT to go with UDPs. Not worth the risk for 3-5 HP. :nogrinner
I actually picked up around 8 rwhp from the pulleys and had no problems with them at all until this. If you buy them new, which I didnt, they have a lifetime warranty with free replacements. I was unfortunate in having the rare case of a harmonic balancer going bad. Could happen to anyone, but even with this problem, notice I am putting back on a new set of pulleys. They make a nice noticeable differnce!

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Stick with a Stock Crank Pulley or if your want a QUALITY piece go with ATI or Innovators West!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well, I put UPDs on a '97 GT and a 2000 GT. I didn't have any problems, but I didn't notice any benefit either. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
brought the car to a really good mechanic who is now on my speed dial. A straight forward guy, was a Master Mechanic for 25 years, and is real honest. He works out of his own garage because he hated working for dishonest shops. He only charges you if he can fix it, so free diagnostics if anyone needs one and he cant fix the problem. He charged me $70 bucks and finished the install in 58 minutes! he replaced the water pump pulley with the new one also, just because I got a new one with the kit, so why not...

He said he would work on any performance mods I do in the future, which makes me happy while considering a set of Long Tubes.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
14 Posts
Steeda Underdrive pulleys

My problem is I had a pro (friend from a Ford Dealership) install my Steeda UDPs. On his way home from the shop the serpentine belt broke (snapped right off). No fraying so it seems it was not an alignment issue. He said the belt might have been too tight (but shouldn't have been since it is spring loaded) or it might have been nicked during the removal/reinstall. He replaced the belt and everything seems fine now. But I am worried now that the car/pulleys/belts are now unreliable. I guess time will tell if it holds...(really bums me out man!)

Any comments or suggestions?

'07 Conv. GT AUTO, BBK CAI w/Predator custom 91 Firm shift tune, magnaflow mufflers

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'd carry an extra belt and the tools to change it, in the trunk so you don't get stuck somewhere. It's not that hard.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
But I am worried now that the car/pulleys/belts are now unreliable. I guess time will tell if it holds...(really bums me out man!)

Any comments or suggestions?

If that's the way you feel you should trade your Mustang in on a Focus.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
sounds that way to me too... 3 more days without a car! Im currently driving my girlfriends 01 concorde, its a girlish purple.

I cant wait to be driving my mustang again!!!!:bigthumbsup
I don't what is worse the pully biting the dust or driving that concord. And I agree with STL that pullies fail just like everything else. I watched one get ejected from a 10 sec car at the strip. Nothing is unbreakable.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.