Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys im looking to by a shifter bracket today and i cant pick between steeda or barton. the steeda comes with two different bushings? what do you guys think? does anyone have experience with either one?

G

·
0 Posts
Also available is the JHR bracket for $49.99 and available with a delrin or polyurethane bushing.

I originally purchased the bracket with the delrin insert and I loved the accuracy but did not care for the increased noise from the transmission. I just replaced it with the poly bushing and I can't be more happy.

The option for the poly bushing is not on the website but can be specified at checkout.

JHR HARDCORE BILLET SHIFTER MOUNT FOR 2011 MUSTANG WITH 6 SPD TRANS - JOE HECK RACING INC

·
Registered
136 Posts
Seriously.. run a search on it. You'll find several threads..I remember posting in one or two within the past week or two.
FWIW I have the Barton, which I bought after reading multiple positive reviews for on here.. I don't know where there'd be bushings in the bracket, and can tell you the Barton doesn't have any..
The stock one pretty much looks like it was an afterthought. A horseshoe shaped bracket with relatively soft rubber in the middle, connected to the 'bracket' by zip ties.
The Barton is billet with tighter tolerances, and thicker rubber.
Is the rubber piece what you're referring to as a bushing? Heck...maybe that's what they call it.
Anyway, the shifting REALLY tightened up after I installed the bracket.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I just ordered a JHR bracket about 30 minutes ago. I did this over Steeda and Barton because Adam Louramore is an active member here and is actively helping us to try and resolve some of the MT82 problems. Because of this, he gets my buisness.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just ordered a JHR bracket about 30 minutes ago. I did this over Steeda and Barton because Adam Louramore is an active member here and is actively helping us to try and resolve some of the MT82 problems. Because of this, he gets my buisness.
ditto.

Ill be doing the same thing.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I have the JHR w/delrin. I ordered it before there was a urethane option...and I don't even have my GT yet. LOL. Anyway, Adam posted that you can swap for the urethane, which I did, and should have it here the same time time I get the car. The price is right for the JHR IMO.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
719 Posts
Trying to open up JHR website, but it is under construction or something. Anybody knows what's going on !
Adam made a post in his MT82 thread and I believe Leathal Performance is going to be handeling their orders for them. I haven't been on the thread in a little while so you may want to double check with it or PM/e-mail Adam.

·
Registered
98 Posts
@ fastkevin

The hard rubber piece that replaced the piece of crap black rubber Ford put in there is the bushing. BTW I love my Barton shifter and bracket.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
After installing one myself, I can say that they are all going to work just as well as the next in comparison to the stock bracket.

Get whatever one appeals to you the best and be happy. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts