Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my 1976 mustang doesn't have the steering stabilizer arms and i can't find where they mount to. i have had trouble finding any other information about this. if people could post pictures and any information that would be really helpful

·
Registered
61 Posts
so my 1976 mustang doesn't have the steering stabilizer arms and i can't find where they mount to. i have had trouble finding any other information about this. if people could post pictures and any information that would be really helpful

Do you mean the front or rear "sway" bar??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Its probably because Mustangs don't have steering stabilizer bars. They have front/ rear anti roll bars aka sway bars. The fron connect to the control arm and mount via bushing and clamp to frame.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well i was "told" that these are stabilizers but i have my doubts. do you know what they are? however this is a pic of the steering and im pretty sure i got everything else but the shocks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Strut bar not stabilizer

The pictures have you installing the strut bar that has two bolts that go in on top of the lower a-arm. I think what you are looking for is a steering stabilizer that looks like a shock. If it is then it attaches to the center link. Hope this helps I am trying to put a steering stabilizer on my 67 coup I just put a new front end on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts