Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a 2006 GT and I bought a leather steering wheel cover, probably from AutoZone over 2 years ago. The thing was finally starting to crack and so I took it off with the hopes to buy another. After taking it off, I noticed that the silver plastic that overlaps the sides and bottom of the steering wheel pillars has become discolored from the leather. I don't have a good camera to take pictures of what I'm talking about, but imagine that it almost looks like coffee stains. I've tried some non-abrasive cleaners on it. I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can do to clean it off of there, but figured I'd see if anybody here ran into the same problem.

I also was wondering if anyone would know of a nice, genuine leather steering wheel cover that perhaps has a soft interior lining so as to avoid further discoloration and/or scratching of the plastic on the steering wheel pillars? I've tried searching and anytime I use "fleece" or "soft fabric" in combination with "steering wheel cover", I get the fuzzy ones that teenage girls put in their cars. No offense to teenage girls or fuzzy steering wheel covers. That's just not my thing. :)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
546 Posts
It's actually a silicon type coating. Hard to explain but mine started to come off due to wear. I got aggravated
and took it off. There is a nice shiny chrome type covering underneath. Took some effort to get off but well
worth it. Just used my fingers to rub it off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts