Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 2003 v6 brand new tires, rotated and balanced 4 times now. when i hit 50mph the steering wheel shakes pretty badly. this is starting to piss me off. so if anyone could deduce this for me before i bash my steering wheel in i'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Just because you have new tires dont rule them out as being good. Tires could be out of round. Not balanced correctly or you have a bent rim. I worked with rims and tires and saw plenty of bad brand new tires! Look to see if one of your wheels has a lot of wheel weights used.....thats an indication somthing is up right there.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, there are 2 on each of the front 2 tires and 1 on each of the back

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
It helps sometimes when you rotate the tire on the rim 180° and then rebalance.

·
Registered
465 Posts
What brand are the tires? Somethings wrong. I've had tires that required little or no weights (Bridgestones).

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
144 Posts
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...&autoYear=2003&autoModel=Mustang&autoModClar= Michelin pilot sport a/s plus. and this is the first time in my driving history that this has happened. grand am gt-great. jeep cherokee-awesome. mustang-wtf?!
wow those are really good tires i would try taking them to a good tire shop in your area and tell them whats going on if they are out of round or defective then michelin is very good about adjusting out bad ones. also dont rule out bad front end parts because if they are bad enough you would feel it for sure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts