Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this problem. If I rock my steering wheel left and right I get a wierd squeaking noise. I'm hoping some of you have had this problem before and can tell me whats going on.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I had the same problem in my '02 Sporttrac. They had to replace the entire steering wheel and column. I think I read on this forum once about this same problem with the Mustang. Do a quick search and good luck. :wavey

·
Registered
7 Posts
Steering squeak

I Just took my 06 in to have this investigated. Mine sounds as if it has something to do with the power steering..It's kind of a weird sound as if the windsheild wiper blade going back and forth. Actually the dealer asked if it sounded like this...I get it back today and will post the fix..

·
Registered
44 Posts
the bearings are junk, its easyer to get one out of a junk yard.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Does it happen when the steering wheel is turned all the way or jsut some of the way. It sounds like a mid-high pitched Wurrrrr

·
Registered
167 Posts
we have alot of problems with the lincoln LS and the aviators and all we do is perform a power steering flush, drain the flui of the pump, resoirvoir and rack, then refill with FORD Mercon v trans fluid then leave some space to add 1 bottle of friction modifier to the system and that should take care of it. nothing should be damaged. that's all you would need to take care of it. that's the way i have taken care of other vehicles with the same problem.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the same sound in my GT. I just thought it was the sound of the plastic rubbing on the top of the column. Let us all know --those that are awaiting dealer responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts