Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, got a couple quick questions.
first I got a new steering wheel from a friend and was wondering if i need a steering wheel puller to pull it. and also the new one does not use splines. its some cheep gt steering wheel. if pictures are needed to see if it will work I can post them. from the looks of just taking off the horn cover and checking it out, it looks like the steering wheel will stick out another half inch. last question for the steering wheel is, what should I do about the connections for my cruise control? I haven't gotten to the point of being able to see if they used connections or what?

my other question is I'm either thinking of getting some used weld racing rims or some new summit star rims. I'm getting 15/7 for the front and 15/8 for the rear. what I'm planning on for tire size is 225/60/15 for the front and the rear 275/65/15. Would those fit all right? will I have to remove or flip the quad shocks in the rear? also how do you guys think it would look?
right now I have some retarded looking american racing chrome 17s which really dont look right to me. also the ones in the front are a little too wide and if I have the steering wheel completely locked to do a u turn the inside of the rim scrapes on the a arm a little. for some reason the dumbass that owned my car put 17/10 rims all around.
thanks in advance for all your help

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
You will need a steering wheel puller to get that old wheel off.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Not a special kind, just a standard puller will do.

For the cruise control, Grant makes a cruise control kit but it's pricey, like $180 for these two buttons that you attach to the wheel spokes.

For the rear tires, you might have to flip the quads around for them to fit, why going so tall on the height? Those 60 series are 28 inches tall. But yes, they'd fit as long as the wheels have 6 inches of backspacing.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the wheels have 5.5 and the reason why is because first the tires are really cheep compared to the crappy lo pros that are like 160 a piece. and I saw a foxbody with that size tires is what I was told and it looked really nice. What size tire would you recommend for a 15/8in rim?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The 5.5's would work, that's the usual size for a 15 x 8 rear. I'd say go with a 275 at the largest, 50 series would fit better. They'd be 26.1 inches tall, those 65 series would be about 28.5 inches tall. They'd be good to fill out the wheelwell and take the shock of a hard launch better though.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
They'd be fine. You shouldn't have to reverse the quads but that's no biggie if you wind up doing that. And that they're 26 inches tall wouldn't be a problem either, with the 28's your speedo would be a little off, it'd read like you're going slower than you really would be.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I have 15x7 inch Eagle Alloy rims all around. My rear tires are 245/60/R15 so they are about 26.5 inches tall. The car looks really good, so the 50 series for you would look and fit great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.