Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, My 2002 mustang gt is getting alot of steering wheel vibration when i hit 45 mph. brand new tires, had all steering and suspension checked and all ok, i was told my rim is bent a little on the front driver side but would that cause so much vibration, just wondering if i should bite the bullit and get all new rims, and if so, does anyone know where i can get a good set for good price?

thanks
JimmyBoy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not much,,,looks like rim brushed up against curb

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the same problem. It all started when i got a new set of tires. I have had the car checked out a few places and they all told me it was the tires! I have continental exteme contact 245/45/ZR17

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Deformed

Rims can get deformed (whole side or entire wheel) when they take a hard hit, and even though they look ok, they just aren't a concentric circle anymore.

If you've had this much work done, its the wheel and its got to go.

As for new tires not balancing, this is not unheard of. Take it back to whoever sold them to you and complain - you may have a defective tire (deformed - no matter how many times you balance it, you won't get a good ride).

One way to check which tire is bad is to swap them front to rear, one at a time. If the shimmy does from the steering wheel to the seat of your pants, you've just put the offending tire on the back.

tripleblack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.