Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of this kit for my 68 coupe.

SpeedDirect.com - R&P 67-69 Mustang Manual - Bare Column=

I think that it seems like a good deal, since you can get a power rack and column kit for around $1,600. Plus the lock to lock is 2.5 for power and 2.9 for manual. (Not sure if that is good or bad for auto-cross)

My question is, from an engineer's perspective, the way this rack mounts to the crush nuts in the frame, is it going to snap off under high stress like when I bring the car to the auto-cross track in English Town, NJ? The car is a daily driver also, so is this rack a good candidate for that in terms of not bending in half after using it so much?

What rack and pinion kit would you all suggest for a car that is used as a daily driver, but also competes at an auto-cross track every once in a while?

·
Registered
324 Posts
looks to me like a good kit. if you are worried about bolting the brackets on they could probably be welded on also for added strength but you would have to look at it and see if this would prevent anything else from ever coming apart if you had to take it off for some kind of repair. But in my opinion I think it should be fine just bolted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts