Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much debate I decided to not cut the dash. I am using a JVC head unit with a DIN mount and decided to use an under dash shroud.

The under dash shroud was $14. Here is the supplier:
Amazon.com: Metra 99-9000 Dash Kit For Uni Under Dash Full Shroud: Electronics
Worked great.

I also installed some auxially gauges on the bottom side of the shroud.

Just thought I would share an option for putting a modern stereo into a Mustang.

Next week the two 12 inch subs go in the trunk. I am building a panel behind the rear seat and they will fire into the rear seat and passenger compartment.

Good Luck and BE Safe
Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
That looks real good Ron,

I thought about the underdash "box", but could not get past the sqaureness. Your gage cluster underneath it really rounds it out. I like it! I have opted to go with a common marine enclosure. It matches my interior color scheme and I used the gage radio delete insert above. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks real good Ron,

I thought about the underdash "box", but could not get past the squareness. Your gauge cluster underneath it really rounds it out. I like it! I have opted to go with a common marine enclosure. It matches my interior color scheme and I used the gauge radio delete insert above. What do you think?
Looks good in your car. I have not seen that gauge cluster before. Very cool!

I will post up the pics and deminsions for the sub cabinet in another thread when I put it together. It will have the subs facing the trunk and the back of the speakers venting into the passenger area through the rear seat and the 3 center holes on the rear panel package tray (6x9's in the outer 2 holes). I will reverse the sub woofers terminals so they will be in phase with the front and rear speakers.

Good Luck and BE Safe
Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts