Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with news of the TripTunes Ford thing just being another FM Modulator, I'm thinking of changing the Shaker500. Keeping all the speakers. Just want a stereo where I can use my iPod. Does anyone have pictures of an aftermarket stereo installed. Would like the double sized din ones that are full screen. But they are uber-expensive...so any pictures of the stereos?

thanks!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Here is my Kenwood DDX7015

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks...

anyone else have pictures please?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Check around over at TMS there are a few threads there of people's stereos. I know for sure that there are pics of the Eclipse system, and I think there are some pictures of a Pioneer system as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got an Alpine CDA-9851 head unit with an I-pod adapter. You can do a search on google and see a picture of it. It is 20 times better than the "skipper" 500. I think they run about $250.00.

You should not be disappointed.

Regards

·
Registered
21 Posts
?

I have an Alpine IVA-D300 Touch screen monitor (which runs around 1,600 I got hook up:winks) and a monitor on each headrest I love Alpine only the best for my G ride. I would post a pic dont know how? :smoke:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here's my Pioneer single din install. I have an iPod adapter mounted near the shifter under the center console. I drilled a hole in the E-Brake access panel and I just leave the iPod in the console.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here is another single DIN install. Because the bezel matches so well, some people have thought it was a factory install at first. The Panasonic head can directly control my XM receiver, and has an aux input that I ran to the center console for an IPOD or other MP3 player. It also has all of the other bells and whistles like a sub woofer out, pre-amp outs, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool...thanks people for the posts.

I was trying to decide on a single-din install, but want it to look good, as close to factory as possible. Sure the double-din ones are nice fit, but i just want to use my iPod, no senese paying $1200+ just to do so.

·
Registered
76 Posts
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=297052#post297052

There is more to life than just the iPod! The GPS is a very useful tool...I got it for the coolness factor, but I find I use it more and more these days. And there is no substitute for watching DVD's in the car! Even movies I wouldn't watch at home! Now isn't worth $1200, I don't know what is! I added on Sirius and a Kenwood Music Keg (yeah it's old school, but I already had it sitting in my closet).

·
Registered
767 Posts
byoung2 said:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=297052#post297052

There is more to life than just the iPod! The GPS is a very useful tool...I got it for the coolness factor, but I find I use it more and more these days. And there is no substitute for watching DVD's in the car! Even movies I wouldn't watch at home! Now isn't worth $1200, I don't know what is! I added on Sirius and a Kenwood Music Keg (yeah it's old school, but I already had it sitting in my closet).
We got the same stereo setup :gringreen . I don't have the music keg yet, but what the heck. Hardly noticable with Sirius playing all the time. And if I just HAVE to listen to something else, I can always just throw a DVD with 4.7gig of MP3s in, or throw in a concert video DVD!! Which GPS did you get? I got the 4100. Another GPS question. Know how often Kenwood updates their map software and where to get it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
OUPony said:
Here is my Eclipse AVN-5435, includes DVD & Nav. You can view more pics at the cardomain site below.
OUPony, where did you get the trim piece that fits around the stereo? My local retailer conveniently forgot to mention the fact that the American International kit they sold me is too small, so I'll need some sort of trim kit like you obviously have.

Tony

1 - 13 of 13 Posts