Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stereo question

i just got me a 93 mustang already with an aftermarket stereo in it. i want to hook up an amp to it but i am not sure how to take the thing out. is it like most newer fords that you need the special tool for it or do i have to rip half the center consol out. if you could please let me now as soon as possible. thanks jim

S

·
0 Posts
There is a special tool you can use that is reasonably inexpensive. I have been meaning to pick one up myself.

I think I remember hearing somewhere you can also remove it using a very thin straight object, (think of a straightened out paper clip) but am not sure. Hopefully one of our other members not suffering from major memory lapses like me, can provide specifics.

Hope this is of some help :)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
easy trick: take a wire coat hanger, or something just the right size to fit in the two holes on the side, cut two of them in "U" shape. stick all for ends in and you will hear a click. pull the handles and the radio comes right out. I used and old coat hanger so i know it works (note, unless you are darned determined, the metal hoops will lock in the radio and wont release until you slide it back in. I have my factory radio in my room with the metal clips still in. but they will come back out... i just use em as handles. lol:cooldude:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mine did not have the 2 little holes for the thing but i did manage to get it out. thanks for the help tho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.