Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am new to this board and its been a great wealth of info. Need help... I have tried to post my pony pic/avatar and its saying file too big anyone help with what i am doing wrong???

Stereo in my stang is terrible. Its factory not the shaker. How do i upgrade? Have been told that if I dont go w/the shaker then the others will not fit in dash ??? thannks, Sophie

·
Registered
70 Posts
SOPHIE said:
Am new to this board and its been a great wealth of info. Need help... I have tried to post my pony pic/avatar and its saying file too big anyone help with what i am doing wrong???

Stereo in my stang is terrible. Its factory not the shaker. How do i upgrade? Have been told that if I dont go w/the shaker then the others will not fit in dash ??? thannks, Sophie
Sophie,
For the avatar:
Just edit your picture, by right clicking and saying "edit", and then reduce the size to a max. of 100x100 and save it under another name, and then use that one.

For the stereo:
As for the stereo, I bought the base stereo with the intention of upgrading to a Pioneer nav unit AVIC-D1. So, I bought the head unit which is the perfect size (double-din) to replace the old one, 4 pioneer 6x8 3way speakers (which will fit right in the space of the old ones), an Ipod interface, a back cam, and the XM sat. unit w/ NavTraffic, and my local guy will be putting it all in on Monday. I will post some pics and give feedback and hopefully a recommendation for the guy for those of you in Chicagoland, after this is done. A couple others have already put in the AVIC-D1 and it looks sweet!
If you want a sub, Scosche has created a subwoofer enclosure that they say "doesn't forfeit any space in the trunk", so if I really want to have a sub down the road, I will go that route.

You should be happy that you have this opportunity based upon complaints from others and the price of the shaker unit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This will probably go against what others tell you, but I like the sound we came up with.

Went to e-bay and purchased the 6-disc/mp3 from a F150. Make sure it has three plugs on the back - the unit is equalized for a mid-tweeter combo in the front and a sub-woofer in the rear. Used a JBL sub that I already had for the trunk and a set of Eddie Bauer explorer speakers for the front doors. We really like the sound, and was way cheaper than purchasing an aftermarket unit, plus I don't need to worry about anybody trying to steal it! :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Cool idea mikeandjean :drink:!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Upgrade Advice

SOPHIE said:

I would suggest going to www.crutchfield.com and entering the make and model of your car. Their site has extensive info, advice, and reviews on which receivers, speakers, and amps work in the Mustang. I wouldn't recommend buying from them as their prices are steep. I use Crutchfield to find what I like and then I go to www.pricegrabber.com to find a good deal. If you don't want to install it yourself, look for a fair, reputable installer in your local area.

·
Registered
181 Posts
now if only scoche made an enclosure for a 10 inch sub i would be in heaven

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sophie,

I also ordered the stock radio with the intentions on replacing it. You can purchase an adapter that mounts in place of the existing radio and provides a DIN mounting for a new head unit and a pocket. People who have seen mine think it's factory since it fits so well. They also make an adapter that plugs into the factory wiring harness (both pieces cost me $35 at a local car stereo place). You can buy speaker adapters at Best Buy (plug into the existing speaker wiring), and then use aftermarket speakers. Finally, if you want to go all out, you can buy a subwoofer from Scosche that mounts in the same place as the Shaker 1000, add an amp, and blow the windows out. If you stick with just a new radio and speakers, the installation is pretty straight forward using the available adapters. The sub requires more work to add the amp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts