Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought id do my first thread in the kills section...So im cruisin down a 2 lane road in the hills where there isnt too much in terms of traffic or houses. I stop at a red next to a WRX STI with dealer plates still on it. Ive never raced an sti so i have no idea what to expect. From the way people talk about them im thinking i may get walked. The light turns green and we take off. He didnt launch on me, souded like he was holding around 2k rpms. Its even thorugh 1st, i hit 2nd and start to walk away, 3rd comes and i really start to lose him and he shuts down. Then we went from about a 30 roll and i walk him even worse. That was the end of that.

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
Good kill ! are you still stock ?

Be carefull around someone in an STI launching at 6grand, they can really fly of the line !

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
nice holdin it down for the blue oval. btw i love mach ones. what color is yours? five speed i assume?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Awd supercharged stang.

I have a nephew that has a sti. Never raced him because he lives 600 miles away. Anyway on recent visit I went for a ride with him and from a stand still the sti is quick as hell. Once your are rolling though you lose the advantage of having awd. I raced a sti when my car was still stock and destroyed it. Off the line he jumped out a little bit, but once I hooked he went backwards like he was in reverse. Maybe not that bad but you get the idea. Here is an idea ford needs to build a awd mustang with a 03-04 cobra motor or the ford gt motor. That would really shut the import crowd up.:eyepoppin

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
JD04COBRA said:
I have a nephew that has a sti. Never raced him because he lives 600 miles away. Anyway on recent visit I went for a ride with him and from a stand still the sti is quick as hell. Once your are rolling though you lose the advantage of having awd. I raced a sti when my car was still stock and destroyed it. Off the line he jumped out a little bit, but once I hooked he went backwards like he was in reverse. Maybe not that bad but you get the idea. Here is an idea ford needs to build a awd mustang with a 03-04 cobra motor or the ford gt motor. That would really shut the import crowd up.:eyepoppin
AWD Mustang :eek: ! NO THANKS !

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
The SVT sport trac adrenaline will be AWD, with the s/c'd 04 cobra's engine.

That will be a fun, and useful family ride.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I ran a few STI with my 96 Cobra and I always came out on top. Besides my Cobra was a freak after a few mods :winks

I was gonna buy an STI until I test drove one & got disappointed.

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
i raced my buddys sti, highly modded somewhere like 400hp with matching tq. so we take it at a 20mph roll, im in first, we both punch it and i stay even for litterely 1 sec, then he spools and is gone. we also rolled from a dig. he launched sooo fast, i just started watching him, forgot what i was doing and then realized i was flooring it, spinning in place. damn awd :worship

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.